Federal - Entry Level System/Java Development Associate ++
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast—the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
AFS Technology powers our clients by building highly differentiated new business models and applications services, creating new experiences and driving the use of New IT, including Digital technologies, Cloud, Intelligent Automation, Liquid Delivery, Liquid Workforce and Agile methodologies. This team helps solve the most complex technology challenges for our clients, creating custom-designed solutions using leading edge technologies and integrating our Technology Platforms with our clients' operations. We leverage alliances with top technology providers in the industry—including SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, salesforce.com, Cisco, IBM, and HP—and harness emerging technologies in the AFS Digital Studio and Accenture Labs to help our clients invent new technology solutions to achieve real business results.
The San Antonio Innovation & Technology Delivery Center (SADC) is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
Our SADC employees can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training and career development
The System [Custom/Java] Development Associate is involved in hands on in designing, coding, enhancing and testing of software applications to meet business process requirements. She/he applies functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of software applications.
The System [Custom/Java] Development Associate will primarily be skilled/trained in Java but must have the ability and desire to work across relevant Custom technologies. Technologies include (not extensive):
- Open Source Frameworks
- Content Management Systems
- Configuration Management
The responsibilities of the System [Custom/Java] Development Associate include:
Creating Value for our Clients:
- Design and implementation of analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology
- Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents. Includes hands-on involvement in crafting, coding, testing of program modules
- Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional, and user interface)
- Assess and resolve non-standard/standard issues/problems largely on own initiative
- Maintenance, repair and performance tuning applications
- End user support activities
Demonstrating Business Operations Capability
- Manage own work product, schedules, and deliverables
- Assigned and accountable for specific areas or responsibility/deliverables
- Ability to identify, assess and provide resolution of complex issues and problems
- Makes decisions within the parameters set by manager, using job experience
- Seeks advice and escalates issues when faced with tasks/problems outside normal scope of job
- Participate in and support performance management and capability development and training.
- Prioritize and oversee activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards.
- Directly supervise or co-ordinate the work of others
- Coaches inexperienced team members and provides advice and suggestion to issues and problems
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top