Federal - Entry Level Oracle System Developer Associate ++
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The San Antonio Innovation & Technology Delivery Center (SADC) is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
Our SADC employees can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training and career development
The Entry Level Oracle Developer's responsibilities include:
Analyzing, designing, coding and testing multiple components of application code across one or more clients. Performing maintenance, enhancements and/or development work is a requirement as well.
- Work with other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Follow good security coding practices to ensure the application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
Process Execution and Improvement
- Meet milestones and related effort/time commitments for assigned deliverables and provide work status, including estimated-time-to-complete (ETC) and actuals.
- Maintaining and/or updating technical and/or industry knowledge and skills through continuous learning activities, such as reading journals/magazines, collaborating with other technical professionals, learning from on-the-role experiences, participating in technical training, and/or writing articles.
- Create technical /end-user operational documentation for the software or system.
- Provide application/technical support as needed.
+ Basic qualifications
- 4 Year Degree OR 2 Year Technical Associate's Degree or 4 Years of Active Military Experience OR 1 Year of Relevant Work Experience with no education
- US Citizen - No Dual Citizenship
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- IT Certification or 3+ months of any programming development experience with any language
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to balance and prioritize own activities to make sure critical items are addressed
- Experience with any Oracle related technologies
- Ability to contribute to a high-performing, motivated workgroup by applying interpersonal and collaboration skills to achieve project goals and realize value
- Ability to contribute to the creation of an environment that facilitates high performance and motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to complete task on set budgetary parameters and targets
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top