Federal - Entry Level ABAP Developer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Proudly dedicated to serving the federal government. As a U.S. based subsidiary of Accenture, we serve every cabinet-level department and the 30 largest federal organizations with wide ranging missions. we bring the New to life using design thinking and agile development methodologies. We love partnering with clients, serving up unparalleled results, and having fun while we do it. And we give every member of our team personalized chances to grow. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry.
As an Entry Level ABAP Developer, you will assist with the technical design, coding and unit testing of the SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Business Warehouse (BW) reporting, and is involved in maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP modules and those that interface with other applications. You will have a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams.
Responsibilities may include:
- Acquiring technical skillset in analysis, design, code and testing within emerging SAP technologies such as Suite on HANA, S/4 HANA, SAP NetWeaver Gateway/OData, Personas, and associated technical tooling.
- Technical analysis, design, code and testing of components of SAP ERP Central Component (ECC), Public Sector Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), and Business Warehouse (BW) reporting.
- Maintenance, enhancement and/or development work of SAP components and those that interface with other applications.
- Growing a range of skills and knowledge of the technologies used and applications supported by Client Service Teams.
- Work with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partners on and across their assigned Sustainment Support Team.
- Plan and execute all required process steps as defined in Accenture Methodologies.
- Working with Client, Accenture, and Teaming Partner team members to gather and interpret functional user/system requirements into technical design specifications.
- Developing technical system specifications and designing SAP code to technical programming standards for break/fix requests and enhancements to SAP modules.
- Providing secondary support toward installation of application releases into production as directed.
- Anticipating, identifying, tracking and resolving issues and risks affecting the applications.
- Participation in pager/on-call support during off-hours/weekends/holidays
Here's what you need:
- US Citizen (dual citizenship not eligible for consideration).
- Bachelor's Degree OR an additional 4 years of relevant SAP experience.
- 0 to 3 years of SAP ABAP OR Web development OR other software development language/syntax and logic.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with MS Office Suite.
- Must be local to Mechanicsburg, PA area.
- US Federal Government IT experience
- US Federal Government security clearance
- Exposure to Systems Lifecycle Methodology (Waterfall/Agile)
- Prior IT Production Support experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Prior ABAP development experience in one or more of the following SAP modules:
- Funds Management (FM)
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- Controlling (CO)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Project Management (PS)
- Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Sales and Distribution (SD)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
This role requires US citizenship with no dual US citizenship accepted.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
Nahomie L.Consulting Manager
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top