Federal - DevOps Lead
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, D.C.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Thrive in our highly collaborative, digitally-driven and innovation-led environment. Nurture your talent for thoughtful and organization changing culture and technology on a team that values diversity of ideas, experiences and backgrounds. Be a part of the most important DevSecOps / Cybersecurity-focused program across the Federal Government today. DevSecOps leads are able to bridge the gap between Development, Security and IT Operations teams. They are responsible for setting up and managing software development, comprehensive testing, automated build processes and infrastructure as code-based operations in support of a microservice-focused shared services layer on a data lake/analytics environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads and manages DevSecOps professionals and cross-functional software engineering teams in the execution of software engineering, testing, build, infrastructure as code delivery responsibilities.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems .
- Primary upward interaction is with direct program manager. Will also interact with Solution/Data Architect, Analytics and Data Scientists, peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments in concert with client and program leadership's goals.
+ Basic qualifications
- 5 years experience with design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns
- 2 years' experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated development and management using Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Maven, Ant, Ivy, UrbanCode, or comparable tools
- 2 years' experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery, and release of software
- 2 years' experience with various aspects of automated testing procedures and tools such as unit testing, integration testing, UI/browser-based testing, smoke testing, scale and performance testing, system testing
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 year experience of leading a team is highly preferred
- 2 years experience working in public Cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- 1 year experience working with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top