Federal - Deputy Test Lead
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Calverton, MD
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The project is a case management and credentialing system for multiple populations. The Deputy Test Lead will support efforts to validate the solution design by testing the application against acceptance criteria in User Stories. They will support scrum teams to create detailed functional and integration test tasks for the work plan and providing accurate status of these tasks. Develops high quality detailed test plans and results artifacts for client delivery. The Deputy Test Lead will have the following responsibilities:
System and Integration Testing:
- Supports development of overall test plans and other test artifacts.
- Supports scrum teams in development and execution of test cases to meet User Story acceptance criteria.
- Supports scrum teams in identifying appropriate targeted regression cases/scripts to verify new functionality does not break existing functionality that is not changing.
- Advocates and confirms tester adherence to standards for test cases/scripts and the testing process.
- Supports Test Lead in managing scrum teams to document test results in test tools and validate test cases are complete for future releases.
- Supports Test Lead in managing scrum team to identify, record, resolve and verify resolution of defects.
- Supports Test Lead in confirming appropriate testing coverage for User Stories.
- Supports scrum teams in the identification, collection, and creation of test data.
- Performs test execution in support of scrum teams as necessary.
- Documents and maintains test cases/scripts and other test artifacts in test tools repository.
- Confirms shakeout/smoke testing of and works with Operations team to maintain the functional and integration test environments.
- Supports Test Lead in reporting status to Program Leadership, and the Client.
- Identifies and communicates any testing issues and/or risks to the Test Lead.
- Learn and understand test methodology and application/tools quickly to become efficient deputy.
- Serve as mentor to junior test team members on test methodology, and application/tools knowledge.
- Assists Test Lead with work planning and test tasks; determine and meet time estimates.
- Determine and meet time estimates and schedules for testing efforts.
- Communicate effectively with architecture, design, and operations teams support scrum teams and remove impediments.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as needed to execute test cases / manage testers.
- Identify and facilitate tester training and development.
- Support shift to more automated testing approach for the program.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top