Federal - Deputy Software Development Lead
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Chantilly, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
AFS is seeking an experienced software developer/engineer to join our team.
Key responsibilities are:
- Work with product owners and PM to interpret feature requests, develop complete user stories, prioritize and sequence work items, and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using Agile scrum and Kanban development processes.
- Design full stack enterprise applications utilizing multiple proprietary and open source frameworks, to include technologies such as:
- (front-end) Angular, jQuery, bootstrap
- (MVC) Spring, Spring Boot, .NET MVC
- (Web Service/SOA) REST, SOAP, ActiveMQ, ESB, Mulesoft
- (DBMS) MongoDB, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server
- Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Git and Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance.
- Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Geb, Spock, Serenity, Cucumber and Selenium.
- Assist in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
- Ability to lead a small team of 8-9 developers.
- Provide hands-on technical and best practice direction to project team and oversee the work of team members to ensure they meet or exceed performance standards and enforce standards and best practices.
- Work with Product Owner to ensure the Acceptance Criteria is defined with clear pass/fail requirements that state the conditions of satisfaction.
- Ensure code base is testable, efficient, maintainable, and remains compliant with the various standards.
- Conduct a light-weight internal code review to validate compliance test-ability, and maintainability at each sprint.
- Mentor junior member on the team.
- Proactively communicate with the development and management teams to anticipate configuration management issues/processes.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements to internal team processes.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organizations Agile project life-cycle.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top