Federal - Deputy Agile Program Manager
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Alexandria, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
Accenture Federal Services (AFS) is looking for a Deputy Program Manager to join our team in support of our Agile practice. This position is responsible for assisting the Program Manger in leading the day-to-day operations of large agile software development efforts. The candidate will work closely with the Program Manager to identify the priorities of the team, lead and advise the agile teams, facilitate communications, track parallel/competing taskings, oversee creation of contractual deliverables, supervise staff on-boarding and off-boarding processes, help track program finances, and ensure that all contractual requirements are met or exceeded. The candidate will be responsible for leading program financial management, tracking the performance of multiple teams and projects within the overall program, identifying and assessing impediments, dealing with issues where possible, and escalating issues as necessary to the Program Manger. The candidate must have proven leadership skills, strong business experience, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to motivate a team to excel, and a determination to exceed customer expectations. The candidate must have the ability to brief AFS leadership and government senior executives, and will be responsible for frequently interfacing with the customer and participating in (and as necessary leading) meetings that include a mixture of AFS staff, government staff, and other contractors. The candidate must possess strong leaders, financial, and business skills, verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and be able to work in a fast paced team environment. This program supports production application operations systems, so experience in managing a 24/7 environment is required. Experience working in Federal Government environments required. Experience working with Agile development methodologies is required.
- Manage and prioritize several sources for requirements to identify the necessary work to be accomplished.
- Work with the AFS finance team to track program finances – to include: perform scenario-based cost modeling to identify impacts of changes to team composition and layout; analyze delivery impacts on the Program's financial projections, and ensure overall program profitability through cost control.
- Oversee the timely creation of contract deliverables, and support the Program Manager with tracking and ensuring all contractual requirements are met and of high quality.
- Manage all aspects of the Program's staffing plan, to include: recruiting, subcontract management, and career development of existing employees.
- Ensure onboarding of new staff is streamlined and completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Program Manager, as required, with the creation and delivery of program status briefings. Represent the Program Manager, as needed, to both AFS and customer executives.
- Earn the trust of the team, build a strong relationship with the government customer and foster relationships among a complex and large group of stakeholders.
- Brief senior AFS and government management, as required.
- Conflict resolution and mentor team members to maintain morale and a positive team environment.
- Serve as the Acting Program Manager in the absence of the Program Manager.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top