Federal - Data Visualization Specialist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Springfield, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. Itâ€™s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the worldâ€™s leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fastâ€"the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nationâ€™s priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Reporting and Visualization Specialist will blend creativity, critical thinking, and strategy to help clients visualize their data. The Specialist will help clients by analyzing data, using measurement techniques, drafting KPIs and building reports/dashboards to address business questions. The individual will work with clients and team members to design relevant data visualizations leveraging appropriate tools such as Tableau, Qlik, IBM Cognos, Plotly, Kibana, based on client need. The Specialist will work with team members to conduct data and dashboard quality assurance throughout the design, build dashboard automation processes as well as organize analysis findings into logical presentations and present analytic results.
In this role, the Specialist will work closely with IT Architects, BI analysts, database developers, application developers, functional practitioners, and clients/stakeholders.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, mathematics, business/marketing, information systems, or related discipline OR equivalent experience in related field.
- 1 year of applied experience in at least one of the following:
- Reporting and Visualization: Tableau, IBM Cognos, Qlik, Plotly, Kibana, Power BI.
- Analysis and Statistical: R, SPSS, SAS, Stata.
- US Citizenship required
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data analysis into business recommendations.
- Experience in an analysis, reporting, and visualization capacity driving business measurement, reports, and building dashboards that lead to business insight.
- Experience working in AGILE software delivery or similar form of software delivery.
- Experience working with functional practitioners, key stakeholders, and clients, to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workflow and handle competing or changing priorities.
- Ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Statistical analysis experience with a tool such as R, SAS, SPSS.
- Experience with Qlik View, Domo, Google Data Studio, or Adobe Workspace.
- Experience in Technical Analytics-related services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working with diverse teams.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to interact and work in a diverse and energetic team environment.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top