Federal - Data Scientist Specialist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: San Antonio, TX
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The San Antonio Delivery Center is part of the Accenture's US Delivery Center organization, which is comprised of six delivery centers that create client value through innovative technology solutions primarily focused in Application Outsourcing, ERP solutions, Information Management Services, and Net Centric solutions.
Our San Antonio Delivery Center employees can expect to:
- work with cutting edge technology
- deliver high-quality solutions across multiple industries
- work on a variety of projects ranging in both size and scope
- receive continuous training and career development
The Data Scientist Specialist will be part of Accenture Analytics as a Service Core Data Scientist team. They will be managing coordinating with the team that identifies and develops advanced analytics statistical models, machine learning methods and solutions for Accenture operations clients to improve various business outcome indicators. Successfully develop, conceptualize and test various statistical and machine learning models. Integrate the outcomes as real time analytics to elevate the Accenture's ability to create value for clients in areas and through means not immediately apparent to clients. Partner with Operations to follow multiple approaches for project execution from adapting existing assets to Operations use cases, exploring third party and open source solutions for speed to execution and for specific use cases, and engaging in fundamental research to develop novel solutions. Leverage the vast global network of Accenture to collaborate with Accenture Tech Labs, Accenture Open Innovation and Accenture Analytics for creating solutions. Data Scientists are expected to collaborate with other data scientists, subject matter experts, sales, and delivery teams from Accenture locations around the globe to deliver strategic advanced analytics projects from design to execution.
+ Basic qualifications
- 4+ years of experience with statistical modeling
- 4+ years of experience with at least one of the following statistical tools: R, S-plus, SAS, STATA, Python
- US Citizenship required (Dual Citizenship not eligible for consideration)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, and or Economics - preferred
- Experience handling data driven decisions in at least one of the following industry domains: Finance and Accounting, Procurement, Fraud, Infrastructure Analytics, eCommerce, Security, Retail, Supply Chain Health Care, Pharma, Retail
- Experience in at least one of the following: Supervised and Unsupervised Learning, Classification Models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Non parametric Methods, Multivariate Statistics, Reliability Models, Markov Models, Stochastic models, Bayesian Models
- Ability to think creatively to solve real world business problems
- Ability to work in a global collaborative team environment Experience in various statistical and machine learning models, data mining, unstructured data analytics in corporate or academic research environments
- Programming experience with C, C , or Java Proficient verbal and written communication skills
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
US Citizenship required.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top