Federal - Data Scientist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington D.C.
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company that helps clients transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes. We serve every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and health to make a difference for the people they employ, serve, and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is seeking highly qualified scientists with unique expertise in various specialties including data science and social science. The individual will support the research, development, and operations of analytical applications which guide the client's counter propaganda and disinformation efforts as well as all day-to-day operations. These ever-evolving research efforts include sophisticated technical reports and complex data analysis designed to leverage the technical and scientific communities' advances to counter the adverse effects of propaganda and disinformation effects of our adversaries which threaten U.S. national security interests. Scientists will contribute their unique expertise perform target audience analysis; narrative analysis; behavioral analysis; analysis of social, political, and economic drivers; technical assessment of our adversaries' tools and tactics; and evaluate campaign metrics and effectiveness. They will be expected to recognize and discover the propaganda and disinformation activities of our adversaries, attribute those activities to specific actors, monitor the dissemination of those activities, and evaluate the impact of those activities. Scientists will apply social science, data science, and machine learning techniques to provide behavioral, geo-temporal, social network, and content analytics. Work is performed across a variety of large-scale data sources including social media, traditional media, protected sources across the interagency, data available for purchase, and for client partners. Scientists are expected to apply their technical skills and scientific rigor to inform our operational efforts and ensure our effectiveness; Ability to advance the science of messaging campaigns, effectiveness, and information operations is imperative to the success of client efforts.
The Scientist is responsible for conducting rigorous scientific analysis of all relevant data and they will:
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models.
- Conduct advanced data analysis and highly complex designs algorithm.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve on real-time analytic systems.
- Develop innovative and effective approaches to solve analytic problems and communicate results and methodologies.
- Develop experimental design approaches to validate findings or test hypotheses.
- Identify/create the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns in data.
- Develop business metrics for campaigns to measure performance and effectiveness.
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of analytic systems and statistical models.
- Plan, implement, and execute scientific analysis of data including metric tracking, campaign measures of effectiveness, wider measures of brand awareness and messaging effectiveness, target audience analysis, discovery and tracking of themes/narratives or social/political/economic drivers, opportunities to leverage change theory principles to achieve objectives, media sources and their penetration rates, rapid response tasks, special projects, or other efforts in line with the client's goals and objectives.
- Communicate and disseminate findings derived from data analysis or machine learning evaluations via reports, memos, slack / email, presentations, information exchanges, scientific papers, routine technical talks, and other forums or mediums. Actively seek and facilitate peer review, critique, and debate of all data analyses (including sources, methods, and conclusions).
- Engage in special projects or spearhead novel efforts across the client mission, supporting the core tenets of agility and innovation.
- As needed, develop tools and operational prototypes, or modify existing platforms, to meet the goals and requirements of the GEC Science and Technology team and wider partnerships across other client teams, other U.S. Government organizations, or client external partners. This may include software development, social program development, data collection strategies and implementation, machine learning training and execution, develops actions on cloud infrastructures, basic system administration, or other technical actions. Develop a 'skunk works'-like culture focused on rapid prototyping and impactful tool development.
- Work closely with client analysts (Open Source, Language, Cultural, Intelligence, Reporters, and others) to provide holistic insights into mission problems focused on national security challenges.
- Supports teams through tight collaboration and, as needed and directed by the leadership of the clients' Science and Technology division, embed onto other teams to provide close analytic, data science, and/or social science support.
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, electrical / computer engineering, social science, or other scientific field.
- 6 years experience with at least one of the following: Python, R, Scala, or other statistical analysis platform; Master's degree or higher education accepted in lieu of professional relevant experience.
- 1 year experience with statistical machine learning, natural language processing, or social science.
- Desired experience using these skills in the context of important national security issues.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top