Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD
Accenture Federal Services, bringing together commercial innovation with the latest technology to unleash the potential for our federal clients. Every day we bring bold thinking and diverse disciplines to solve problems in new ways. Ready to learn as much as you can We'll give you numerous opportunities of formal & informal training sessions to keep your tech smarts sharp.
The Data Modeler will Responsible for leading the development, validation, publishing, and maintenance of logical and physical data models required to implement business processes and solutions. The role will be responsible for:
- Developing new and modifying existing data models to support data engineering activities.
- Understanding data from multiple datasets in their source format
- Communicate with technical and business stakeholders of data
- Conduct business process analysis and requirements gathering to develop formal data structures
- Research and evaluate technical aspects of IT systems with respect to data handling and analysis capabilities and constraints.
- Research and evaluate the user experience and methods employed by users of various IT systems.
Here's What You Need:
- 3+ years of experience in Data modelling and Data mapping skills
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience required Master s degree preferred
- Understanding of DAMA DMBOK or CDMP certification
- Experience working with the FIB DM industry model
- Experience performing data discovery analysis and profiling
- Experience creating source to target mappings for both batch and real time data
- Ability to work on a team in a diverse multiple stakeholder environment
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.