Federal - Data Engineer
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
Accenture Federal Services is looking for savvy Data Engineers to join our growing team of AI experts. As a team member, you will be evolving and optimizing data and data pipeline architectures, as well as, optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. You are an expert data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and evolving them. The Data Engineer will support software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data and models devOps (dataOps) architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You are self-directed and comfortable supporting the dataOps needs of multiple teams, systems and products. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architectures used across our clients. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing dataOps architectures to support existing and next generation of AI-driven solutions.
If you enjoy providing expert level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools while working closely with IT team members, data scientists, and data engineers to build AI and Data products, we will give you the opportunity to grow personally and professionally in a dynamic environment. Our projects are built on cooperation and teamwork and you will find yourself working together with other talented, passionate and dedicated consultants, all working towards a shared goal.
What You Will Be Doing
- Architect and implement high performance data pipelines for distributed systems and data analytics for deep learning teams
- Use infrastructure as code to build, deploy, operate, and maintain big data analytics infrastructure
- Orchestrate large PB sized data storage and compute clusters across bare-metal and cloud
- Deploy and manage infrastructures based on Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenStack, and public Clouds such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Create and maintain optimal data and model dataOps pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based 'big data' technologies from AWS, Azure and others
- Create tool-chains for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing AI workflows
- Work with data and machine learning experts to strive for greater functionality in our data and model life cycle management capabilities
+ Basic qualifications
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree in a mathematics, statistics, computer science or other science / engineering discipline
- 5 years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
- 2 years of experience in traditional big data technologies (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Spark, AWS EMR, etc.) and common architectures
- 2 years of experience building and orchestrating big data clusters, infrastructure, and services
- 2 years of experience in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
- 2 years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top