Federal - CSOC Tier 1 Incident Monitoring Analyst - Level 1
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Springfield, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The CSOC Tier 1 Incident Monitoring Analyst performs event detection and analysis, event escalation and ticketing and administrative tasks for the Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC). Activities include:
- Identifying, categorizing, prioritizing, investigating and escalating cyber security events.
- Maintain overall responsibility for any tasks, analysis, or detection required during cyber security incident response.
- Monitor intrusion detection and protection systems.
- Identify and manage process improvement in intrusion detection and protection.
- Execute network traffic analysis.
- Create IPS rules and signatures to detect and disrupt anomalous inbound and outbound network activity.
- Track tactical issues in execution of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) responsibilities.
- Manage the process improvement program for SIEM processes.
- Execute event/incident procedures, long-term analysis and investigation into network activity and provide investigation reports to Cyber Defense Analysts.
- Work with the Content Engineer to develop reports, dashboards, real-time rules, filters and active channels.
- Manage event and information intake to include gathering intelligence reports, investigating reported incidents, and interacting with existing cyber security groups as necessary.
- Document investigation results, ensuring relevant details are passed to Cyber Defense for final event analysis.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top