Federal - Computer Vision Science Director
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
What you'll do:
- Provide technology leadership: we're innovators - that's what makes us successful. We need someone who is going to bring vision and technical knowledge to help us maintain our industry leadership. You will need to keep track of new developments in machine learning and computer vision
- Work on novel, ground-breaking and AI/machine learning/deep learning based disruptive solutions that start with Computer Vision and may move towards other related domains
- Create quick Proof of Concepts (POC) and project ownership around projects. POCs should help build rich deep learning experience for the organization, which can then be leveraged for the development of real world projects.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Computer Vision and Image Analytics.
- Contribute to research projects that develop a variety of algorithms and systems in computer vision, image and video analysis.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including potentially generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Apply image and video analysis techniques such as deep learning to large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of image and video analysis product components.
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Interrogate analytical results to resolve algorithmic success, robustness and validity
- A passion to teach and train other data scientists to expand and develop a center of excellence
- Ability to communicate complex models and methods to non-technical staff and business leads
+ Basic qualifications
- MS with 3 years experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Vision or a related field.
- Experience with machine learning and computer vision tools : You've used neural network libraries such as Caffe, Keras, Tensorflow, and Torch, and scientific libraries such as NumPy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn, skimage, and hyperopt. You understand images and video, and the computer vision tools used to manipulate them (e.g., OpenCV).
- Cutting edge knowledge : You follow trends in the industry, and look to take advantage of the latest breakthroughs when applicable. As a result, you are intimately familiar with a wide array of
- Knowledge of and experience in state-of-the-art computer vision and machine learning and deep learning technologies
- Experience working with large datasets and major Deep Learning platforms (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Strong Experience in TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks around vision (like Caffe, etc)
- Strong background in algorithms, probability theory, abstract analysis, optimization, linear systems, sensor fusion, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms is a plus
- Preferably worked on or delivered projects in deep learning, machine learning, computer vision, sensor fusion, pattern recognition, large scale data mining or artificial intelligence
- The candidate should preferably be reading papers around this area and should be up to date with state of the art in Computer Vision. Publications or projects in the broad area of machine learning demonstrating original thinking, problem solving approach and critical performance validation is an additional plus.
- A sense of ambition and passion to change the world using AI/Deep Learning.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in computer vision, image and video analysis, specifically object detection, tracking and recognition, statistical modeling, statistical pattern recognition, machine learning, sparse methods, applied mathematics, optimization.
- Reproducible research methods
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence and its subfields.
- Must be an out-of-the-box problem solver, capable of proposing novel solutions to problems, performing experiments to show feasibility of their solutions and working to refine the solutions into a real-world context.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top