Federal - Cloud Migration Architect
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Greenbelt, MD
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 7,200 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
The Systems Integration and Migration Lead will be responsible for all technical deliverables related to solutioning, designing/planning, and executing migrations to the cloud and on-premise data center environments (AWS and/or VMware SDDC) to support the customer. Provides overall design/engineering direction and support for migration to ensure the program meets the contractual obligations and operational standards, as well as the client's business imperatives.
+ Basic qualifications
- 12 years experience and Master's or 14 years and Bachelor's or 16 years and Associate's or 18 years with no degree.
- 3 years experience in the following:
- Prior experience in planning and executing the migration of applications and data to cloud environments (AWS required).
- Deep understanding of AWS cloud capabilities and cloud service offerings, both IaaS and serverless, in order to recommend proper migration strategy.
- Experience with On-prem (VMWare).
- Deep knowledge of the ITIL methodology and the IT Service Desk processes and functions.
- Prior experience managing teams of at least 5 IT professionals.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
- Deep knowledge of ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfillment, Change Management and IT Service Desk processes and functions.
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert Capability Certificate in IT Operations preferred.
- Understanding of development life cycles.
- Documented interest in process management and continuous improvement.
- Passionate in developing and implementing best practices, creative solutions to workflow issues impacting the services and the business.
- Business Applications: ServiceNow administration experience, and familiarity with Rally.
- Office Automation: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint.
- Planning & Design: Microsoft Project, Visio, Primavera.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation abilities.
- Sound internal consulting skills and executive presence.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top