Federal - Cloud Engineer/Consultant
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC Metro Area
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Technology Growth Platform (TGP) offers a full range of global delivery services-from enterprise solutions, system integration, technical architectures, business intelligence, infrastructure consulting, and technology research/development.
Our TGP consultants can expect to:
IT Strategy, Infrastructure and Security (ISIS) falls within the TGP organization and provides services aimed at improving the strategic intent, transforming economics and effectiveness, and the overall design, of a company's information technology capabilities and/or functions. Information technology capabilities include IT planning and management, IT processes and approaches, and IT assets that provide the operational components necessary to run applications.
Cloud Technologies professionals develop and deliver cloud technology strategies and solutions that enable clients to move their legacy applications to the cloud and new applications to the cloud.
+ Basic qualifications
- One of the following Certifications is required: Google Certified Professional - Cloud Architect, Amazon Web Services, MCSA, or MCSE
- 1 year of hands on experience with cloud technologies and experience with at least one year of the following: AWS, Azure, Google, or Oracle
- 1 year of private data center services with virtualization or virtualization management
- 1 year of hands on experience with Cloud operations
- 1 year of professional experience delivering Cloud based solutions to clients in a consultative setting
- Bachelor's degree Preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of cloud including Infrastructure as a Service, public and private cloud solutions
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure architecture and design, including orchestration and automation
- Experience in project management and detailed technical planning
- Hands on experience with OpenStack, including understanding of the various components and architectures, key integration points, and familiarity of the various open source standards
- Hands on experience with the VMware suit of virtualization tools, including vCloud Director and vCloud orchestrator
- Hands on experience with various cloud platforms (i.e, Rackspace, Azure, AWS, Google Compute, etc.)
- Ability to administer, modify, and/or deploy at least one operating system (e.g., Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with converged infrastructure
- Knowledge and experience with performance tuning servers and operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of automation tools (e.g., Chef, Puppet, HP Server Automation, Bladelogic)
- Knowledge and experience in ITIL concepts and processes
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top