Federal - Business Development Director ++
- Arlington, VA
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, Virginia. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So you can deliver what matters most.
The Business Development Director (BDD) role is accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. The BDD is responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, and driving new capabilities into their target accounts. The BDD is expected to continuously learn and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Accenture Federal Services offerings and services, financial drivers and constraints, and develop and maintain both industry and customer relationships that benefit Accenture Federal. The role includes an individual sales contributor target comprising pipeline qualification and sales achievement, as well as cross-organizational development contributions. This position will provide Business Development support to the Client within Accenture Federal Services.
- 10+ years successful sales experience as Business Development Manager in the federal marketplace
- 5+ years' experience using formal sales capture processes
- 5+ years' experience in one or more of the following: Consulting Services, Business Process Outsourcing, or Information Technology solutions, services, and markets including knowledge of competitive offerings
- 5+ years' experience with relevant (i.e., Federal, State/Local Government) acquisition processes, procedures, and laws
- High energy level, sense of urgency, decisiveness and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience managing sales pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals
- Strong facilitation and communication skills - both written and verbal
- Proven record as a team player
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character
- Previous experience in conceptualizing, planning, and implementing new products or services for a large business entity
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interface and negotiate with senior executives
- 5+ years' experience with specific agency expertise
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top