Federal - Big Data Solution Architect
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company that helps clients transform bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes. We serve every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and health to make a difference for the people they employ, serve, and protect.
Responsible for architecting multiple Big Data solutions that include fast data streaming pipeline and AI/ML projects. This involves providing end-to-end near real-time latency using ML libraries, Kafka/Spark streams, GPU databases and Hadoop. Proficient in Cloud Native Big Data technologies - Azure/AWS. Design scalable, highly concurrent, low latency framework in the applications along with instrumentation framework for performance and operational metrics across multiple technology stacks. Involved in designing and scaling Bigdata cluster(s) to over 1000 nodes to process billions records a day. Also, architect applications to generate insights using AI/ML libraries and tools. A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
The Big Data Solution Architect will author Big Data Technical Architecture and components specific to clients needs and requirements. This Includes:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the client's requirements then applying industry best practices and detailed knowledge of the software to design an optimal solution that supports the business process and meets or exceeds functional requirements
- Build a trusting relationship with major project stakeholders and leads them to adoption of the best solution
- Lead the solution design and analysis phases of Federal Big Data Projects
+ Basic qualifications
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years Big Data Solution Architecture & Application Design and 4 years Big Data Technical Architecture and Hardware Sizing to include:
- Sound understanding and experience with Hadoop ecosystem. Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand
- Experience in Cloud native NOSQL Big Data technologies, Java/Scala/Python, Apache Spark, RDBMS, Linux/Unix technologies
- Experience working with line of business (LOB) personnel, external vendors, and internal Data Services team to develop system specifications in compliance with corporate standards for architecture adherence and performance guidelines
- Experience providing technical resources to assist in the design, testing and implementation of software code and infrastructure to support data infrastructure and governance activities
- Experience assisting in both external and internal audit questionnaires and application assessments
- Experience assessing current technical architecture and estimate system capacity to meet near- and long-term processing requirements.
An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top