Federal - Big Data Consultant
Great outcomes are everything. It’s what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
This is a key full time position to build and offer big data technologies-as-a-service to internal applications. The technologies include cutting edge Apache open source projects such as Hadoop (and related products), Cassandra, Spark, Solr, Kafka, Couchbase, etc. The big data services of this team help AFS solve difficult high-volume, low-latency, analytics, business intelligence, machine learning and many other problems utilizing AFS-scale Big Data! The successful candidate will demonstrate technical depth, leadership and collaboration skills in working with various business units and their peers to deliver innovative solutions. This position demands the best and brightest software engineers who are passionate about open source big data technologies and building large scale applications utilizing them. The ideal candidate will bring a lot of energy, initiative and excitement! Will be ready to learn and explore new ideas, processes, methodologies and leading edge technologies.
- 3+ years working in Information Technology related field preferably with Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Architecture or Data Integration related technologies
- 1+ year of development experience in Big Data related technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra, MongoDB, EMC Greenplum, Teradata on Hadoop, MarkLogic, Hana, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in implementing relational data models
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology related field
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is a federal contractor, an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top