Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Accenture Federal Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture LLP, is a U.S. company with offices in Arlington, VA, San Antonio, TX, and St. Louis, MO. Accenture's federal business has served every cabinet-level department and 30 of the largest federal organizations. Accenture Federal Services transforms bold ideas into breakthrough outcomes for clients at defense, intelligence, public safety, civilian and military health organizations.
We believe that great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions. By combining digital technologies with what works across the world's leading businesses, we use agile approaches to help clients solve their toughest problems fast-the first time. So, you can deliver what matters most.
Count on us to help you embrace new ways of working, building for change and put customers at the core. A wholly owned subsidiary of Accenture, we bring over 30 years of experience serving the federal government, including every cabinet-level department. Our 9,000 dedicated colleagues and change makers work with our clients at the heart of the nation's priorities in defense, intel, public safety, health and civilian to help you make a difference for the people you employ, serve and protect.
An Application Security Architect who will work in the Information Security Governance Team in the CISO organization to ensure that IT solutions are built, tested, and deployed with secure designs and incorporating key business priorities. This role requires active collaboration with a variety of different technology teams within AFS IT, AFS Information Security, AFS Technology Growth Platform, and Accenture Information Security to promote secure engineering practices. You have expertise in one or more of the following areas: cloud security, application security, data security. You will need to work with IT and Security stakeholders to develop security requirements with a strong understanding of external regulations and best practices as well as unique business needs and capabilities.
- Participate in IT application development and data architecture projects to provide security planning advice and requirements
- Coordinate with Agile / DevOps teams to advocate secure coding and software architecture practices and escalate concerns
- Validate IT software and platform architectures for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance security and reduce risks, where applicable
- Determine baseline security configuration standards
- Validate platform security configurations and review application changes
- Articulate security concerns related to the solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solutions
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Support the Risk Management Team as necessary in conducting security assessments of existing and potential vendors, contractors, and software
- Acts as an advisor and business enabler to IT teams seeking guidance on security practices and controls to support secure solution design
- Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and threat environments to ensure they are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
- Stay up-to-date on the state of enterprise IT and IS tools, trends, and processes
Here's what you need:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 3 years of experience in IT or information security engineering
- 3 years of experience in cloud security, application security, and/or network security
- Strong working knowledge of application and network security principles
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft cloud services (e.g., Azure Active Directory, Azure IaaS/PaaS, Office 365)
- Strong understanding of secure web application network protocols (HTTP(S), TLS, SFTP, etc.)
- 3 years direct architectural experience
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10 application security risks and its mitigations
- Prior experience reviewing and securing application architectures or APIs
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming and scripting
- Knowledge of US federal security requirements related to regulations/standards such as NIST, FAR/DFARS, SOX, CMMC, etc.
- Knowledge of data privacy regulations and frameworks
- Strong experience with IT project management and the project lifecycle, both waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Certifications: CISSP, CISSP-IASSP, SSCP, SANS GIAC (e.g. GCIA, GCIH, GPEN), CASP, CCNP
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.