Federal - Accounting Advisory Specialist
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Arlington, VA
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The Federal Accounting Advisory Specialist will support the project's business process documentation and internal control testing efforts through their expertise of federal financial environments and operations. The team member must process a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and best practices. They will provide guidance on finance business processes, internal controls, and Financial Management Systems in support of our clients' efforts to produce auditable financial statements.
On a daily basis, the Federal Accounting Advisory Specialist will be expected to:
- Serve as an expert on auditing processes/best practices and provide recommendations to improve the financial management infrastructure and environment
- Interact with the client and users around specific work efforts and deliverables
- Be able to understand the client's financial operations for specific business processes
- Document and map processes and internal controls
- Develop test plans to verify the accountability of various business segments
- Perform multi-purpose testing on USSGL account balances to identify substantive, compliance, and internal control issues
- Document findings and recommendations to remediate finance and accounting issues
- Supervise teams of Analysts
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top