Federal - 508 Compliance Specialist 1
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Calverton, MD
Great outcomes are everything. It's what drives us to turn bold ideas into breakthrough solutions that solve the toughest problems fast--the first time. So you can change how people work and live.
The 508 Compliance Specialist 1 will support efforts to test the a solution for Section 508/usability compliance. Initially, primary responsibility of the position will be to identify developer guidelines to support Section 508 and prevent usability problems; create a process for identifying potential compliance issues and documenting issues in user stories for prioritization by the client for resolution; and pro-active testing for Section 508 compliance for functionality available to end-users. Section 508 testing will focus on sight impairment issues using the Job Access with Speech (JAWS) or similar tool. The role will also act as a liaison and provide support for 508 testing performed by the client's Accessibility Office. Functional, Regression and Integration testing responsibilities will be added as the project progresses, but the role will continue to support 508 compliance as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) throughout the project lifecycle. Responsibilities include:
508 Accessibility Testing:
- Become the testing 508 Accessibility SME in and perform the following:
- Web accessibility testing including: Semi-automated scans, manual reviews, keyboard only, color sampling, and screen reader testing (using JAWS or similar tool).
- Investigate/research issues, determine impact, and provide solutions for improving accessibility for compliance.
- Implementing World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) specifications.
- Reading, understanding, and being the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Act as liaison with the client's Accessibility Office and support client Section 508 testing process.
- Identifies, records, and helps manage specific 508 defects to resolution.
- Provides policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve our compliance with the federal government's Section 508 program
Functional and Integration Testing:
- Identifies Functional, Regression and Integration test case scenarios from user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Develops and executes detailed manual or automated test scripts.
- Identifies and/or creates test data to support script execution.
- Assists with the development of overall test plan and other test artifacts.
- Identifies, records, and helps manage defects to resolution.
- Identifies and communicates any testing issues and/or risks to Test Lead.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top