Emergency Management Business Process Consultant, Utilities
Accenture helpstransform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheerscale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate,operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow andadvance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of yourextraordinary career.
Industry Solutions andServices professionals play a wide variety of roles related to delivery andsales, maintaining and growing industry as their center of gravity.
Utility Industry Applications professionals analyze,design, build, test and deploy innovative utility industry emergency managementand response solutions that enable utilities to prepare for, mitigate theeffects of, respond to, and recover from all-hazard emergencies.
A professional at this position level withinAccenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to client and project goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to develop client solutions and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Learns and develops methodologies and related tools to support client emergency preparedness.
- Learns new client systems quickly, e.g., work environments, core work processes, and culture and understands emergency management concepts.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor.
- Interacts with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Develops effective working relationships with clients and staff.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments withguidance.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individualcontributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Act as an emergency management and response subject matter expert(SME) for emergency preparedness and response in the electric and gas utilityindustry.
- Support emergency management, preparedness, planning, response,and recovery consulting engagements in utility industry clients.
- Develop all-hazard (i.e wildfires, natural disaster, cybersecurity, gas explosion, etc.) emergency response plans, which would includeoverall company strategies, tactics, and response practices across gas andelectric utility commodities.
- Support and facilitate functional and table top exercises to meet clientbusiness objectives.
- Support implementation of the Incident Command System (ICS) acrosselectric and gas utilities, including development of role and responsibilitydescriptions and checklists.
- Design and facilitate training that teaches clients how toeffectively use plans and role descriptions to respond to major emergencies anddisasters.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top