EMC Storage Engineer
- Cincinnati, OH
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Software Engineering professionals work across the Service Delivery Lifecycle to analyze, design, build, test, implement and/or maintain multiple system components or applications for Accenture or our clients.
The Storage Engineer will work as part of a technical support team delivering a quality service to single/multiple clients using a variety of hardware and software products and have the following responsibilities:
- Analyze and understand clients' needs and expectations, as well as alternative architectures and trends
- Conduct critical analysis of technology and associated operational processes, with a view to recommending designs & strategies that will improve service, lower costs, and prevent unforeseen operational issues
- Conduct technical feasibility analyses for projects
- Interview clients' technical teams to gather relevant information to facilitate architectural requirements definitions
- Drive the technical design of reference architectures
- Takes responsibility to lead medium to large scale design projects, interfacing with project managers/clients
- Establish, explain, and validate the solution testing criteria for projects
- Present architectures to executive management, clients, and developer teams
- Design services in accordance with Accenture standards and vendor best practices
- Remain current on vendor best practices as it relates to the interlinking of technologies (Windows, VMware, Storage platforms)
- Provide expertise on system performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintenance patching and new version installation
- Develop and maintain standard templates for repeatable build outs
- Work with vendors and drive them to help us meet our service level obligations
- Plan and implement small to medium scale changes on production systems
- Analyze and assess the impact and risk of small to medium risk changes on production systems
- Install, configure, patch and maintain appropriate technologies (e.g. servers/databases/network/ storage)
- Design and assist small
- scale disaster recovery tests
- Create and review technical system recovery plans
- Demonstrate commitment to Service Excellence
- At more senior levels, perform major upgrades of systems and associated products
- At more senior levels, act as technical lead for one or more medium to large scale client
- Racking up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
- A minimum of three years of EMC Storage experience A minimum of three years of SAN Switch experience A minimum of three years of experience working on an enterprise level technology team Bachelor's degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years) work experience. (If Associate's Degree, must have minimum 6 years work experience)
- EMC Certification
- ITL Foundation Certification
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- VMWare experience
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Back to top