Do you want to work where scientific innovation meets leading-edge technology? Join Accenture Scientific Informatics Services and help our clients apply digital technologies to revolutionize scientific and laboratory processes.
Accenture Scientific Informatics Services combines the scientific and laboratory informatics expertise of LabAnswer with Accenture's strategic and business consulting capabilities, industry platforms, innovation approach and global scale to help transform how scientific and laboratory processes are conducted across a variety of industries-helping make them faster, more efficient and more effective than ever before.
Leveraging digital technologies such as automation, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, analytics and cloud, in combination with a fundamental redesign of the scientific user experience, Accenture Scientific Informatics Services helps organizations better capture, manage, integrate and analyze complex scientific data. This can improve the discovery and manufacturing of new products, improve quality, ensure compliance, reduce time to market and improve operational efficiency.
As an Accenture Scientific Informatics Services Specialist you will be exposed to the technologies and processes that many leading US companies and government agencies utilize. We offer a generous compensation package consisting of salary, bonuses and benefits.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Design, install and configure Dotmatics suite
- Develop customize informatics solutions for chemical biological data querying, retrieval and visualization.
- Develop software tools to automate assay data processing visualization per end-user requirements.
- Develop code using an object oriented philosophy
- Write and perform Unit Tests
- Write periodic status progress reports
- Perform basic or complex configuration of laboratory information systems
- Develop simple or complex software functionality but with limited scope
- Participate in peer reviews of code for coding standards, best practices, functionality, error handling, etc.
- Write basic SQL queries using relational database concepts and schema design principles Integrate laboratory instruments with scientific software packages
- Develop simple or complex, dynamic reports
- Break complex processes into smaller achievable pieces
- Lead and mentor Junior Developers
- Integrate scientific applications with other scientific or nonscientific applications
- Participate and take leading role in requirements analysis process with client stakeholders Transform client requirements into design solutions
- Design and develop reusable utility library software for general use
- Engineer designs that satisfy current requirements and are extensible for future enhancement while keeping it cost effective for clients
- Develop very complex challenging algorithms and software designs having large project scope or large scale
- Perform architectural code and design evaluations
- Lead development teams
- Provide high level of technical leadership mentoring to entire development team
- Write system interfaces using preexisting middleware
- Author System Architecture and Deployment Plans
- Perform simple or complex database optimization
+ Basic qualifications
- 2 years pharmaceutical, biotechnology or laboratory experience.
- 2 years client interface experience in an IT or laboratory position
- 2 years working with LIMS, ELN or CDS and instrumentation
- 4 Year degree in an applicable field
- 5 years of software development experience with Dotmatics software package
- 5 years of experience working on Laboratory Informatics projects
- 5 years of experience working in regulated environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- 8 years of consulting experience with continuous increase in responsibility and technical competence
- Understanding of the Drug Delivery Process
- Strong SQL skills
- Python development experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Detail oriented, self-starter and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated by experience in implementing, configuring, administering, and testing computer systems
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and projects
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top