DevOps Senior Manager/Architect
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They gain unparalleled client delivery experience opening multiple career paths to grow while progressing within their current role, moving laterally across new roles and clients, and providing opportunities to advance upward in their career at their own pace.
Technology Architecture professionals sell, assess, define, implement and/or support world-class information technology architectures, for Accenture or our clients, spanning simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level change programs.
Accenture is looking for experienced DevOps professionals to join our Advanced Technology and Architecture practice. You'll be part of a growing network of technology experts who lead client engagements to achieve the benefits that DevOps can offer and also design and implement the continuous delivery and DevOps platforms used by Accenture to build IT systems for our clients.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Identifies, assesses and solves complex business and IT problems, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors, and apply DevOps solutions to enable client success.
- Work closely and follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Driving client DevOps capability assessments and providing industry subject matter expertise Defining DevOps capability transformation strategy and roadmaps.
- Facilitate DevOps discussions throughout lifecycle of client engagements
- Contributes to DevOps practice development including asset creation, enterprise strategy definition, and contributions on behalf of Accenture into professional DevOps societies.
- Designing and directing all aspects of Continuous Delivery implementation on Accenture IT systems build or application support projects.
+ Basic qualifications
- 5 years of experience in managing application development, software delivery lifecycle, and/or infrastructure development and administration
- Minimum of 5 years' design and implementation of Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with code repository management, code merge and quality checks, continuous integration, and automated deployment & management using tools like Jenkins, SVN, Git, Ansible, Artifactory, Service Now, Sonar, Selenium
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with managing large teams including progress monitoring and reporting
- Minimum of 5 year of experience working in an Agile delivery environment
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in automation scripting using one or more of the following languages: Perl, Ruby, Bash, or Python
- DevOps leadership experience - large teams preferred
- Candidate should have experience leading a multi-disciplinary teams, working in a fast paced, high velocity agile environment
- Candidate should have past experience supporting code released a month (10+)
- Active organizer and speaker at DevOps social networking and industry practitioner events
- Approaches and tooling for automated software assurance and QA.
- The use of Public/Private cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- Experience with project or program management
- Defining and managing the roadmap for implementation of DevOps in an established operation.
- Working within a structured environment, including the use of structured methods and approaches and modern development tools.
- Experience of technical architecture - i.e. the design and delivery of IT systems for a broad range of clients
- Service support - the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts to lead an effective support operation
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top