Desktop Support Specialist
Career Track: Client Delivery & Operations
Role: Desktop Support Specialist
Location: Based in Boston, MA
Accenture Operations combines technology that digitizes and automates business processes, unlocks actionable insights, and delivers everything-as-a-service with our team's deep industry, functional and technical expertise. So you can confidently chart your course to consuming your core business services on demand, accelerate innovation and speed to market. Welcome to the "as-a-service" business revolution.
Job Description Overview:
Client Operations professionals are responsible for the day-to-day provision of long-term outsourcing services to one or several clients. They design, manage and implement the activities associated with key business functions. The Service Delivery/Operations capability focuses on the attributes or skills essential to providing the necessary services and solutions to the client, the client's employees or the client's customers in fulfillment of contractual obligations agreed upon by both parties. Examples of professionals in this capability would be software developers and technical architects. The Technology Infrastructure Outsourcing specialty incorporates a wide range of outsourcing skills that focus on four major areas of IT and technical support: communications, desktop management and mobility, customer support and hosting.
Provide technical support for resolution of customer IT problems, incidents, issues, requests and queries. Liaise with other support teams, or product teams as required to resolve requests issues in a timely manner. Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, and tracking/follow up of all incidents.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical support to the project
- Assist in assembling and configuring new personal computer hardware when it is received from vendors
Assist in assembling and configuring new server hardware when needed per client requirements
- Install and configure application software along with various required system files and utilities according to approved specifications standards and procedures
- Maintain problem status for each problem ticket assigned according to current standards and specifications and monitor support performance goals
- Perform asset management functions for all assets according to current policies and procedures
- Provide support for hardware, software, and/or network connectivity problems. Maintain problem status for each problem ticket assigned according to current standards and specifications
- Obtain patches, fixes, and product updates with appropriate hardware and software vendors
- Provide on-call support outside normal business hours as needed.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top