Data Science Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
The world has reached a point where technology is deeply embedded in our lives-and the lines between business and personal are blurred more than ever. Healthcare organizations are increasingly unleashing the power of intelligent technologies, using them to deliver personalized, efficient and informed care. Our Digital practice looks for professionals in Data Engineering, Data Science and Applied Intelligence areas of expertise to expand horizons in Healthcare.
As a Data Science Practitioner within Accenture's Client & Market career track, it is your duty to keep up with industry trends and best practices. Support project-based analytics planning and implementation in the areas of Predictive Analytics, Comparative Effectiveness Analysis, Program Evaluation, Multi-Channel Attribution, Digital Analytics, Big Data Analytics, Optimization, Demand Forecasting, Customer Segmentation, Customer Analytic Record.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
+ Basic qualifications
A professional in this position, at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Is well versed and experienced in Advanced Analytics and Program Delivery
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by executive management when establishing near term goals
- Interacts with senior and executive management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Responsible for decisions related to the day to day impact on area of responsibility
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- Support client-facing interactions including providing analyses, recommendations, presentations and advice to clients.
- Supports leadership to adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands and helps influence the client strategic direction
- Helps architect complex solutions
- Sales Origination & Business Development
These are the minimum requirements for an aspirant to be considered for the position applying to Bachelor's
- Bachelor's degree in data science, mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering and information management or related field of study
- 4 years Healthcare or Life Sciences Industry experience
- 5 years researching, designing, implementing, and deploying full-stack scalable data analytics vision and machine learning solutions to challenge various business issues
- 5 years building and maintaining a large-scale analytics infrastructure used across the business including conducted research, design, implementation, and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse data sources.
- 5 years designing, developing, and implementing data management systems of analytic frameworks for the business's data by applying advanced statistical capabilities and delivering statistical models
- 5 years working and conceptual knowledge in data structures, algorithms, statistics, machine learning, natural language processing and programming in Java, C++, or other equivalent languages
- 4 years strategically formulating new and creative ideas for leveraging the business's collection of data
- 4 years in data mining and predictive modeling inclusive of linear and non-Linear regression, logistic regression, and time series analysis models
- 2 years overseeing large scale Big Data platforms
- Ability to travel 100%
- Masters or MBA (Statistics or Mathematics)
- PhD in Analytics, Statistic or other quantitative disciplines
- Experience with evolving approaches and technologies such as Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cognitive Systems, and Robotics and corresponding contribution to advancing analytics maturity for clients
- Strong working and conceptual knowledge translating business requirements into quick prototypes and enabling the development of big data capabilities, frameworks, and governance processes
- Experience working with data mining tools such as SAS, Python, SPSS, and R
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in SQL server reporting services, analysis services, domo, integration services, NoSQL, Tableau, Salesforce, or other data visualization tools
- Specific working and conceptual knowledge of data integration tools streamlining data across several big data solutions such as Cerner EMR, Apache Hive, Apache Pig, Apache Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, MongoDB and Couchbase.
- Payor and/or Provider industry experience
- Sales and or Pre-Sales experience
- Passionate about helping the clients realize the potential of implementation and evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an Healthcare systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top