Data Science Manager
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 384,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world's most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$32.9 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2016. Its home page is www.accenture.com .
Accenture Analytics delivers insight driven outcomes at scale to help organizations improve performance. Our extensive capabilities range from accessing and reporting on data to advanced mathematical modeling, forecasting and sophisticated statistical analysis. Specifically we...
- Help companies better understand consumers and how to connect with them across markets and channels, using data and analytics
- Optimize marketing processes and integrate across the enterprise in order to maximize the opportunities of data, analytics and marketing outcomes.
- We build, deploy, maintain and scale marketing solutions that reduce complexity and cost
- Partner and team with technology solution providers and marketing agencies to deliver the best solution meeting the needs of our clients
- Offer our clients end to end solutions and services
The Manager is responsible for delivery marketing analytics projects. This process requires the use of advanced statistical analysis in a marketing, customer and operations analytics context.
The key responsibilities include:
- Client-facing interaction including providing analyses, recommendations, presentations and advice to clients.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Project-based analytics including but not limited to Marketing Mix Modeling, Multi-Channel Attribution, Digital Analytics, Big Data Analytics, Pricing and Promotion, Trade Analytics, Markdown Optimization, Demand Forecasting, Customer Segmentation
Professional Requirement :
Travel as required: up to 80%
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree required in related field; strong preference for fields of study in the data science, economics, statistics, and social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing experience in management consulting or industry
- Minimum of 5 years delivery experience in advanced modeling environment: strong understanding of statistical concepts and predictive modeling. (e.g., AI neural networks, multi-scalar dimensional models, logistic regression techniques, machine-based learning, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years expertise with the Microsoft suite (including advanced Excel skills with embedded Pivot Tables & Macros; advanced PowerPoint usage)
- At least 4 years experience with predictive analytics and BI tools which may include at least two applications from R / Revo R, SAS, Python, Spark, and Tableau
- Possess a blend of marketing acumen, consulting expertise, and analytical capabilities that can will create value and insights for our clients.
- Experience in the analysis of marketing databases using SAS or other statistical modeling tools.
- Experience with analytic projects in the following areas: Applied Statistics/Econometrics, Statistical Programming, Database Marketing Management & Operations, Digital, Marketing Intelligence & Competitive Analysis
- Experience in professional services negotiations, deal shaping, and pricing
- Enthusiasm in executing the end-to-end sales cycle while performing work within an account
- Enthusiasm in supporting peers in designing and authoring proposals and RFPs
- Has project management, time management and communication skills necessary to execute the responsibilities and deliver against client expectations
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Plan and manage own work in collaboration with the team to meet assigned deliverables in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to clearly communicate ideas and results to non-technical business people
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top