Cyber Defense Systems and Security Engineer
- Washington, DC
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
The Security Associate Manager applies deep security skills to provide the following Security Services: design, build and protect enterprise systems, applications, data, assets and people for Accenture and our clients. In addition, the role might require providing services to help clients protect their information, infrastructures, applications and business processes against cyber threats
Cyber Defense within Accenture Security provides several high-risk, high-impact services for our clients. As such, the teams within Cyber Defense have unique and challenging infrastructure and security requirements. Some of the infrastructure currently managed within Cyber Defense includes command-and-control infrastructure for advanced red teaming, cloud infrastructure to support incident response investigations, and custom environments dedicated to developing malware and reverse-engineering software. Additionally, the workstations and laptops of Cyber Defense personnel have unique security requirements and challenges. This person will report to the Global Cyber Defense Infrastructure Lead, and will be responsible for the deployment, operation and security monitoring capabilities across Cyber Defense.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include:
- Configure SIEM (Splunk), EDR, Insider Threat, IAM and NGFW (Palo Alto) security controls.
- Monitoring the infrastructure for suspicious or anomalous behavior and for exercising cross-functional incident response plans in the event of an incident.
- Ensuring adherence to "best practice" security standards for the management and security of Cyber Defense CNO, CND and research infrastructure.
- Develop custom SPLUNK correlation and heuristic content to identify Cyber Defense specific anomalies and security issues.
- Conduct periodic scans and testing of Cyber Defense infrastructure to ensure compliance with security standards.
- Directly support administrative, automation, and engineering efforts across the global CDI AOR.
- Minimum 6 years information security experience, with a recent (3-5 years) focus in threat hunting, SIEM content development, security monitoring and incident response.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Threat hunting & IR experience in Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Minimum 2 years of experience Threat hunting & IR experience in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Amazon AWS, Google Compute, and/or Microsoft Azure .
- Minimum 2 years of experience in SIEM (SPLUNK Cloud) and log management configuration and analysis.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with incident response fundamentals and capabilities.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Threat and Vulnerability Management.
- Familiarity with Cyber Intelligence, Threat Operations, Penetration Testing, Red Teaming, Incident Response and Threat Hunting methodologies.
- Security certifications: CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CCNA, etc.
Professional Skill Requirements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
DC,DC - Washington
Back to top