Customer Service Group Life Ins. Associate
- San Antonio, TX
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
The Customer Service Group Life Insurance Associate will p rovide call center functional and/or technical support for a Group Life and Group Disability Insurance client.
- Handles customer service inquiries via telephone and/or email and performs variety of complex clerical or administrative support functions which require knowledge and understanding of Group Insurance policies for Life and Disability
- Will support the resolution of customer problems, incidents, issues, requests and queries
- Liaise with other support teams, or product teams as required to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner
- Ensure proper documentation, notification, escalation, tracking and follow up of all incidents
- Manages incoming telephone calls, emails, and/or faxes for the following lines of business: Life Insurance (Enrollment Support, Web Support, Medical Underwriting Inquiries, Account Maintenance, Billing, Continuation Options and Benefit Administration Support), Disability Insurance (Web Support, Claim Intake with Disability and FML), Absence Reporting (Claim Maintenance, Extension, Dr Info, etc.), Claim Payment Inquiries (STD/LTD), and Claim Approval Status
- Utilizes resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries and follows all documented processes and workflows provided by the client to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency
- Able to learn and be proficient with client's incident management and knowledge management tools, client information systems, and service desk procedures
- Demonstrates understanding of the customer's business needs as trained and maintains high customer satisfaction ratings
- May perform follow up on incidents with customer to ensure customer satisfaction
- May support reporting functions providing end of day status, data for weekly status reports, etc.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a call center environment
- Ability to work 50% overnights and weekends
- Minimum 6 months of experience in the insurance industry management process interpreting and applying member contracts and benefits
- Experience in the medical or insurance field
- Experience with reporting
- Experience in a BPO/BPS environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or Spanish
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Back to top