Corporate Development & Transaction Services Analyst - Chicago, Dallas, or New York
Organization: Corporate Functions/Finance
Location : Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL, New York, NY
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435 ,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Accounting and Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. Accounting and Finance professionals may also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
A critical part of our Accounting and Finance organization is the Corporate Development & Transaction Services (CDTS) team , which consists of more than 500 Accounting and Finance professionals worldwide and reports directly to the Accenture CFO. The CDTS team works closely with our sales, solutions and legal teams to help shape complex consulting and outsourcing deals. The team also works on building new businesses such as joint ventures, operating companies and alliances as well as providing financial expertise on our acquisition opportunities. Typical deal structures incorporate innovative financial solutions and sophisticated pricing and risk management concepts to address client business needs. CDTS professionals act as independent business advisers to the sales team as these deal structures are being developed and are accountable for the financial quality of bids.
The Corporate Development & Transaction Services Analyst provides analytical support for Outsourcing and Consulting arrangements. Also, creates financial models and reports to support the pricing approach and the client value proposition. Using accounting principles to prepare income statements, balance sheets and cash flows in compliance with US GAAP, Accenture Policy and Commercial Standards.
You might spend your day:
- Working with client budgets and forecasts to create a client baseline
- Identifying costs and performing the cost buildup for an individual opportunity
- Identifying other cost saving opportunities within the deal
- Applying the agreed upon pricing methodologies
- Ensuring revenue recognition is US GAAP compliant and Accenture Policies are reflected accurately within the financial models
- With supervision, accurately assess prospective business to demonstrate impact of business on the economics of the Operating Groups
- Responsible for documenting, acquiring and maintaining all documents supporting the costing and pricing on all new opportunities, including assumptions and version control documentation
+ Basic qualifications
- Must have Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics OR Other Business Related major with a minimum of 9 credit hours of Accounting (with a graduation date between December 2018 and May 2019)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Critical Thinking, Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top