Contracting Counsel Manager
Organization: Corporate Functions/Legal & Commercial
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Legal and Commercial Services professionals deliver and coordinate legal, contract and commercial advice and counsel in support of Accenture's or our clients' business, working to manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies.
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Accenture's market-facing strategy.
- Structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Oversee, counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company's transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in the 7 Contracting attributes: Pathfinder, Architect, Business-Minded, Nonconformist, Inspired, Relevant and Tech Enabled.
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least 1 jurisdiction
- Minimum 6 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
- Experience negotiating technology-based arrangements
- Independently manage drafting transactional documents and correspondence
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Basic understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Experience in working with state and local government agencies or working with clients in the healthcare arena
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions
- Strong executive presence
- Able to present alternatives and proposed solutions
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to apply judgment to broaden influence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top