Communications, Media & Technology High Tech Industry Marketing Lead
Organization: Corporate Functions/Marketing and Communications
Location: San Francisco, CA/San Jose, CA
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals in Accenture are responsible for building a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that support the Accenture strategy; enhance long-term client relationships; inspire and engage employees and candidates; and help drive profitable revenue growth.
Are you an influential leader who consistently partners with executive stakeholders to drive revenue through content and innovative marketing? Do you live and breathe high-tech with a passion for driving B2B marketing strategies? Are you a digitally-minded marketing trailblazer with a reputation for defining strategy and driving creative and impactful programs? If you are driven to excel in a fast-paced environment and are looking to make a significant impact where it is essential to keep up with the rapidly developing trends in industry and marketing, then Accenture could be the perfect fit.
We are looking for a strategic marketing leader to drive vertical marketing programs targeting the High Tech Industry. This industry is one of the most dynamic, fastest growing and largest industry programs in Accenture, and our clients create the global brands, products and services that are changing the digital landscape. Key segments in this industry include communications equipment, consumer electronics, enterprise technology, and semiconductor as well as Aerospace and Defense.
This high-profile position will lead and develop global marketing programs to accelerate growth and to increase penetration in these segments and at clients.
While there will never be a typical day at Accenture, here is a look at some of your responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Accenture senior high tech industry leadership to support their business plans with impactful marketing programs
- Implement digital marketing programs leveraging Accenture.com and social media to drive awareness and engagement
- Team with counterparts from other areas across Accenture around the world - creating marketing strategies, leveraging thought leadership, research and other forms of content to create campaigns focusing on key high tech industry segments
- Create key messages and positioning for the business- then develop the marketing plan incorporating online, traditional media, direct mail, speaking opportunities, and targeted clients and key industry analysts
- Manage resources and third-party service providers (e.g. approved agencies, designers and writers)
- Participate in the development, execution, and marketing of new thought leadership, collateral and credentials
- Maintain and grow our relationships with technology-related Professional Organizations
- Develop, execute and measure marketing initiatives among several client accounts in Asia
- Drive broad marketing programs targeting our clients
- Actively participate in local market initiatives designed to support Accenture culture and growth strategy
- Plan and execute client events
- Define and track metrics to assess effectiveness of marketing programs
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or other 4-year university degree
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Communications, Technology or Media industries
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or Technology-related field
- MBA or MS in Marketing
- Experience in the Aerospace or Semiconductor industry
- Project management skills
- Deep planning and strategic skills
- Understanding and experience in the High Tech industry including familiarity with trends driving the industry
- Understanding of how to design and apply effective marketing programs for a given target market and situation
- Strong written and oral communication skills - the ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to both internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to get things done both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and aptitude for digital marketing
- Budget management and financial reporting skills for project(s)
- Creativity and an innovative approach
- Resourcefulness and tenacity, ability and willingness to progress with ambiguity
- Able to influence executives within Marketing & Communications through relationship building and executive-level presence
- Ability to develop and apply creative, workable solutions to project-related issues
- Ability to effectively manage projects under tight deadlines
- Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries
- The confidence, presence and personal credibility to quickly establish successful relationships
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top