Cloud Migration Consultant
Join Accenture and help transform top organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career. Accenture Operations delivers continuous, rapid fire innovation and new business capabilities that meet -and redefine-the needs of the digital era. You'll help our clients-including 94 of the Fortune 100 and governments around the world-transform their technology infrastructures using resources that range from cloud, data centers and workplace to networks, security and managed services.
Working closely with our clients, Consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise-strategic, industry, functional, technical-in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting or technology consulting. Typically, Consultants work at client sites, which often requires travel.
Cloud Transformation and Migration professionals envision, plan and lead transformations of complex IT environments to Cloud based solutions across Compute, Storage, Networks, Communications, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) to meet the need of today's corporate and digital applications. Additionally, our teams plan and deliver legacy infrastructure transformation and migration to drive next-generation business outcomes.
- Eagerness to participate on a team designing, building and/or testing cloud infrastructure focused solutions.
- Develop and deliver strategies and solutions for enterprise infrastructure -- including servers, databases, storage devices, etc. that handle the data necessary for enterprise operations.
- Thoroughly document all facets of the infrastructure solution.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage teams and/or work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years Infrastructure (Server, Storage, and Database) discovery, design, build, and migration experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience serving as a team lead, technical lead and/or delivery lead.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in 3 of the following areas:
- Datacenter migration
- Datacenter Operations Management
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Technology Lifecycle Management (TLM)
- Server Operating Systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.)
- Storage (EMC, NetAp, Glacier, S3, etc.)
- Virtualization Platforms (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Cloud Computing and Storage (AWS, Azure)
- Workload Migration Automation Tools (Double-Take, Racemi, etc.)
- Cloud Management Platforms (vRealize, Gravitant, etc.)
- AWS or Azure certification
- PMP certification
- Previous Consulting or client service delivery experience.
- Experience with network technologies
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Architectural exposure to Windows, LINUX, UNIX, VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, IIS Server, SAN, NAS, VCE/FlexPod, and other technologies.
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem solving environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and thought processes.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment choices shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top