Business Development Director
Organization: Accenture Federal Services
Location: Washington, DC
The Business Development Director (BDD) role is accountable for achieving pipeline, sales, and business development efficiency results that meet or exceed assigned targets. The BDD is responsible for identifying and engaging on strategic opportunities, developing new clients, and driving new capabilities into their target accounts. The BDD is expected to continuously learn and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Accenture Federal Services offerings and services, financial drivers and constraints, and develop and maintain both industry and customer relationships that benefit Accenture Federal. The role includes an individual sales contributor target comprising pipeline qualification and sales achievement, as well as cross-organizational development contributions.
- This position will provide Business Development support to the Homeland Security Account within Accenture Federal Services*
Specific duties include:
- Identify and qualify specific sales opportunities and coordinate with capture management team to execute winning bids. Focus is on originating and closing profitable deals that can be successfully won and delivered as sold. Leverage extensive customer and industry relationships to identify the "right deals" based on Accenture capabilities and DHS account financial targets.
- Work with organic sales team and account delivery leadership to cultivate and close "white space" opportunities that have strategic value for the account plan and longer-term growth goals.
- Personally develop and sustain Accenture and client executive relationships through market-facing activities (e.g., industry associations, boards, conferences), meetings, presentations, business networking and/or other delivery team collaboration and business or social events
- Develop client communications strategies/messages, define customer contact strategies and establish/manage customer call plans
- Support client delivery and business development teams in building relationships with client decision makers and key influencers; shape opportunities within client and Accenture procurement policies and guidelines
- Drive sales campaigns and ensure involvement of senior Accenture executives to develop winning, compelling and compliant win strategies and proposals
- Develop capture tactics, win strategies, discriminators, competitive analysis, and teaming strategies that balance program risk and reward with minimal supervision
- Facilitate corporate reviews; create presentations for and lead Stage Reviews and obtain necessary approvals
- Maintain opportunity data in SalesForce CRM System
- Understand and stay current with competitors' strengths and weaknesses in the account and growth platform marketplace; effectively articulate Accenture's competitive advantage
- Coordinate and participate in proactively integrating portfolio sales and business development with Marketing, Media Relations and Government Relations initiatives
- Help develop and maintain sales collateral specific to customer mission space and specific opportunities
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top