AWS Solution Architect Delivery Sr. Manager
Travel: 100% (typically Monday - Thursday)
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
As part of our Advanced Technology & Architecture (AT&A) practice, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology experts who are highly collaborative taking on today's biggest, most complex business challenges. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in technology at Accenture!
The AWS Practice within AT&A includes our deepest AWS experts and supports Accenture's more than 2000 certified AWS architects across the company. Join our team and be among Accenture's most talented AWS practitioners, our AWS SWAT team. The group is responsible for Accenture's most complex AWS projects and provides our delivery capability for the Accenture AWS Business Group (AABG). AABG is the deepest relationship Amazon Web Services has with any partner in the ecosystem. Choosing Accenture and the AWS Practice will take your AWS experience and skills to the next level and allow you to work in an innovative and collaborative environment. At Accenture, you can lead the world's largest enterprises on the path to native cloud transformation and serverless, on the leading edge of cloud.
Learn more about our AABG and AWS at Accenture here:
Key responsibilities may include:
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Set strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Have latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Manage large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Independently lead client design workshops and provide tradeoffs and recommendations
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures or optimize applications for AWS
- Author blog entries and whitepapers on AWS technical and strategic topics
- Contribute to the Accenture AWS community and assets
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services. Candidate must have strong experience with multiple AWS services beyond traditional IaaS.
- Candidate must have at least 2 AWS Associate Certifications or 1 AWS Professional Certification
- Hands-on AWS experience with a minimum of 2 implementations (preferred in Enterprise scale environments)
- Experience with at least 1 programming language (compiled or scripted languages)
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as:
- Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Environment and application automation
- CloudFormation and third party automation approach/strategy
- Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
- AWS Cost Management and Optimization
- Candidate must have 5+ years of IT and Technical Architecture experience, including project/team management activities such as:
- Project Management
- Budget Management
- Technology Delivery Lead for medium size project or greater
- Discussing technologies with a IT director or VP level resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experienced AWS Cloud Architect with specialization in at least one of the following areas:
- AWS Cloud Strategy: Business Case development, application assessment and migration planning, Cloud Operating Model design
- AWS Security: Compliance, Cloud Security Architecture, third party security tools/platforms, encryption/KMS/CloudHSM, Inspector, Macie, IAM policies/roles, Shield, WAF, etc.
- AWS Migration: Optimization of applications to scalable cloud designs, rearchitecting applications to modern cloud patterns, and database migration (including cross-platform)
- Enterprise packaged/COTS Applications on AWS: SAP / HANA, Oracle Applications, WebMethods, etc. on AWS.
- Big Data: NoSQL data model design, DynamoDB, Redshift design and tuning, Athena, etc.
- DevOps and Infrastructure as Code: AWS environment and application automation utilizing CloudFormation and third party tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.). CI/CD pipeline setup utilizing AWS services such as CodeBuild/Commit/Deploy
- Experienced in the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with application architecture patterns and best practices
- Proficient with JSON and AWS CloudFormation
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top