AWS Big Data Engineer Senior Manager
Are you ready to step up to the New and take your technology expertise to the next level?
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward. We partner with our clients to help transform their data into an 'Appreciating Business Asset'.
As part of our Data Business Group, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that's why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a growing network of technology and data experts who are highly collaborative taking on today's biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. Come grow your career in Technology at Accenture!
Data and Analytics professionals define strategies, develop and deliver solutions that enable the collection, processing and management of information from one or more sources, and the subsequent delivery of information to audiences in support of key business processes.
AWS Big Data Engineering professionals develop deep data integration skills to support Accenture's Cloud Big data engineering and analytics agendas, including skills such as cloud big data platform architecture, AWS data services, on premise to cloud data migration, data ingestion, data curation, and data migration.
- Act as a technical and solution expert in the areas of Big Data Management, Data on Cloud, AWS Data Services AI / Machine learning capabilities in Data Platforms
- Advise clients on Data on Cloud adoption & journey leveraging Nextgen Information platforms on Cloud, Cloud data architecture patterns, platform selection.
- Build Senior stakeholder relationships
- Build personal brand within Accenture and drive thought leadership through participation in Business Development efforts, client meetings and workshops, speaking in industry conferences, publishing white papers, etc.
- Partner with Client teams and clients in helping them in Data Monetization initiatives - making business sense of structured, semi-structured, unstructured and streaming data, to develop new business strategies, customer engagement models, manage product portfolios, and optimize enterprise assets
- Develop industry relevant data analytics solutions for enterprise business functions
- Collaborate with GoTo market teams in generating demand and pipeline for data analytics solutions
- Collaborate with partners (software vendors) to build joint industry solutions
- Serve as data supply chain expert for the vision and integration of emerging data technologies on cloud, anticipation of new trends and resolution of complex business and technical problems.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the data-on-cloud concepts as it relates to Accenture's Data supply chain service offerings, so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to working prototypes with the full support of the appropriate teams who will develop the new offerings.
- Evaluate alliance technologies for potential go-to-market partnerships.
- Lead the development of offering proofs-of-concept and effectively transition those concepts to the lines of business for full architecture, engineering, deployment and commercialization.
- Coach and mentor both senior and junior members across OGs and IDC.
- Develop practical solutions, methodologies, solution patterns and point-of-view documents.
- Manage and grow Data, Data on Cloud pipeline
- Participate in industry events to project Accenture's thought leadership
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Evaluates emerging technologies, shapes Accenture's point of view, defines new architecture patterns and standards, and leads proof of concepts of innovative solutions.
- Leads and supports client sales pursuits.
- Collaborates with highly talented resource pool and helps lead the Community of Data practice.
- Key participant in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments .
- Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with impact outside area of responsibility.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
+ Basic qualifications
- 5 years of hands-on experience with public cloud platforms like AWS, MS Azure and GCP
- 12 plus years of experience in multiple disciplines, such as solution or technical architecture, Data Management, Cloud architecture, or Big Data
- 5 years of experience with a combination of AWS Cloud Platform, S3, glacier, AWS data Services, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum,Lambda functions, Apache Spark, Kafka, and Python.
- Must be able to travel 100% (Mon-Thurs)
- Bachelors degree or 12 years professional experience
- 5 years of experience developing solutions utilizing:
- Kafka based streaming services
- R Studio
- RDS, S3, glacier
- MapReduce, Pig, Hive
- Scala, Spark
- Experience as a consulting manager in a top-tier consulting firm preferred
- Ten or more years of experience dealing with complex business/technical architectures and complex client delivery.
- Working knowledge in Big Data tools like MongoDb, Cassandra, Hadoop, NOSQL, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Experience with delivering Big Data Solutions in the cloud with AWS
- Ability to configure and support API and Opensource integrations
- Experience administering Hadoop or other Data Science and Analytics platforms using the technologies above
- Over 5 years of experience in sales / pre-sales functions, leading pursuits, proposal development, effort estimations, statement of work
- Experience with DevOps support
- Designing ingestion, low latency, visualization clusters to sustain data loads and meet business and IT expectations
Professional Skill Requirements
Our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top