Application Development Specialist
Organization: Corporate Functions/CIO
Location : Chicago, IL
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425 ,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
The CIO Organization is a world-class, global and rapidly evolving IT organization with the courage, ability and capabilities to drive Accenture's digital agenda. We are setting the industry benchmark for visioning and creating the global social enterprise. We will accelerate the deployment of leading-edge technologies which enable our people and which our clients seek to replicate. Members of the Accenture CIO organization:
- Contribute to a global network of talented IT consultants across the business, enabling high-performance by creating and delivering Accenture's business applications and technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate and innovate to connect our people with the technology they need to build market relevant skills and be impactful to the business.
- Run IT as a business - with strict standards of availability and performance, and with world beating cost effectiveness - as a result being brand critical to Accenture.
- Continually experience new and engaging opportunities, challenging work, flexibility, career sponsorship and mentoring, and recognition for our contributions - throughout the journey. Living the adventure.
A CIO Specialist works in key roles within a CIO initiative or the operations support effort for CIO's existing application portfolio, infrastructure and architecture. CIO Specialists are expected to utilize Project and Operations tools and processes depending on initiative or operations role, contribute to key components of the overall work effort, provide some supervisory guidance, help drive work planning activities, help measure progress, resolve core issues or follow-ups, influence content and ensure quality.
CIO Specialists are typically sourced from one the following capability areas (talent segments):
- Software Engineering
- Business & Technology Integration
- Technology Architecture
- Program Project & Service Management
- Management Consulting (Human Performance)
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in application development
- Must have professional experience in 1 or more of the following: Java, .Net, or AWS
- E xperience with ServiceNow, Salesforce, SuccessFactors, SAP HANA or similar applications
- Basic program management skills
- Good leadership and teamwork skills
- Program estimating skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solutioning skills
- Functional acumen and process architecture understanding
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written
- Customer service skills
- Ability to contribute to any assigned schedule and content risks
- Some negotiation and consensus building skills
- Willingness to work in varying business functions and capabilities
- Time management and organization skills
- Positive attitude
- Proactive mindset
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top