Analytics Advisory Specialist
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client Delivery & Operations career track drive delivery and capability excellence through the design, development and/or delivery of a solution, service, capability or offering. They grow into delivery-focused roles, and can progress within their current role, laterally or upward.
Business Process Advisory professionals apply deep industry, domain and/or analytics skills to develop business insight, share recommendations with clients, and enable the implementation that helps clients realize business outcomes-such as revenue enhancement, operating cost reduction, working capital improvement and customer acquisitions.
The Retail Analytics Advisory Specialist brings in deep domain expertise, thought leadership, understanding of current and future trends of the retail industry and customer analytics. They manage all client-facing responsibilities and are fully accountable to ensure highest client satisfaction. They should be able to leverage experience and expertise to identify/recommend and implement business value use cases using analytics. This candidate will be responsible for client communication and work with the off-shore delivery lead to manage regular deliverables based on client input and ensure SLA adherence.
- Must ensure successful and timely delivery to client and accountable for enabling the client to act on our recommendations.
- Must manage all communication with client to ensure the following:
- Deliverables and timelines are adhered as initially outlined
- Changes to deliverables or timelines are explicitly called out and expectations managed appropriately against this
- Client deliverable responsibilities during project are clearly understood by the client and timely follow-up by project lead is made to outline implications when not addressed
- Work in presentation development and in client presentations or work sessions either directly through presentation or supporting analysts in this regard
- Work on development of best practices for the entire team in their practice area of responsibility
- Work with the team in identifying and acting on changes to practice area processes
- Practically demonstrate integration by including the client service teams throughout the project process
- Work with the team on Project Plan and development of Analytics Solution and Ideation on Methodology and approach
- Excellent communication skills; ability to explain models and other statistical techniques to a non-technical audience and to be persuasive
- Ability to effectively translate impact of analytics tools into business metrics and to communicate analytical results to cross-functional teams and clients
- Best thinking in analytics and operations, builds, proposes and validates new areas of opportunity for business
- Demonstrated success presenting complex findings (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Capability to be the Subject Matter Expert Analytics in Retail
- Familiarity with Statistical techniques, including but not limited to:
- Regression modeling
- Multivariate Statistical Modeling
- Clustering and Segmentation (Support Vector Machines, CHAID, Decision trees, Random Forest etc.)
- Ability to leverage industry and domain knowledge to drive delivery excellence (best practices, quality principles, best-in-class technology and tools, productivity, analytics)
- Works with multiple stakeholders e.g. delivery leads, account management, clients and offshore teams
+ Basic qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Marketing Research or Consumer Product Goods/Retail Industry
- Minimum of 3 years of business analytics experience
- Master's degree a plus
- Experience in Retail Merchandise Planning
- Experience in fast-moving consumer facing industry
- Experienced user of advanced analytic tools such as SAS, R, SPSS, SQL
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Intermediate technical proficiencies in SAS/R (preferred)
- Proficient in various marketing research statistical techniques.
- Intermediate technical proficiencies in Microsoft Office Software.
- Prior experience managing projects.
- Significant coursework or degree in quantitative fields
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical marketing research skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, influencing skills and presentation skills
- Ability to think and apply knowledge creatively
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Desire to work in an information systems environment
Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top