Advanced Technology Specialist
- Philadelphia, PA
Accenture Flex offers you the flexibility of fixed duration project-based work powered by Accenture, a leading global professional services company. Accenture is consistently recognized on FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For and DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity lists.
As an Accenture Flex employee, you will apply your skills and experience to help drive business transformation for leading organizations and communities. In addition to delivering innovative solutions for Accenture's clients, you will work with a highly skilled, diverse network of people across Accenture businesses who are using the latest emerging technologies to address today's biggest business challenges. You will receive competitive rewards and access to benefits programs and world-class learning resources.
An Advanced Technology Specialist applies technical expertise to the implementation, monitoring, or maintenance of IT systems. Specialists typically focus on a specific computer network, database, or systems administration function. Specialty areas include network analysis, system administration, security and information assurance, IT audit, database administration, web administration, and more.
An Advanced Technology Specialists work in positions using computer-based information systems. They work with both software applications and computer hardware. Entry-level positions require demonstrated computer knowledge and skills. Experience with multiple programming languages and diverse software and hardware is often expected.
- Science degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related Information Technology discipline or related experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in professional IT support role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in building and maintaining a desktop environment including the Windows operating system and client applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to drive/display ownership/proactive behavior
- Strong foundation of programming skills with MS Access and VBA to support the day-to-day operation and maintenance of automated tasks in a Windows environment.
- Ability to interface with users in a professional manner and to insure a prompt response to all user inquiries and requests with special attention to equipment or software failure.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple IT requests at the same time.
- Ability to aggressively and effectively manage a project from concept to completion within both time and cost budgets.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status.
Back to top