Accenture Strategy - Private Equity and Strategy Manager/Senior Manager, Retail and Consumer Goods
Organization: Accenture Strategy
Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Location: San Francisco
Kurt Salmon's retail strategy consulting business in China, Germany, Japan, the UK and US was acquired by Accenture, and now forms part of Accenture Strategy's global retail industry practice, delivering end-to end-strategy consulting services to top retailers and private equity firms. This follows the acquisition of Javelin Group in June 2015, and is further evidence of Accenture's commitment to create the market-leading strategy consulting firm working in the retail and consumer sectors.
As part of Accenture Strategy, you would join Kurt Salmon's 260 employees and have the opportunity of providing true end-to-end services to clients, from strategy to management consulting, technology consulting, digital, technology and operations. You will also benefit from professional mentoring, training and development, career progression and working culture and environment offered by a company recognized on the Fortune Best 100 Companies to Work For, Fortune Most Admired Companies and DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity, amongst others.
For further information on the acquisition
For further information on Accenture Strategy
The Kurt Salmon Private Equity and Strategy Practice is a San Francisco-based team that provides strategic, data-driven consulting services to leading private equity funds and corporate clients operating in the Retail and Consumer Products industries. Our clients are the business leaders in their organizations: C-suite executives, brand presidents, and private equity partners and managing directors.
Our projects cover the most important strategic issues for clients, typically focusing on driving top-line growth. Managers/Senior Managers lead projects (conducted out of our San Francisco office) ranging from 2-4 week due diligence engagements to 1-3 month strategy projects.
Examples of our work include:
- Assessing brand strengths and growth opportunities for acquisition targets of private equityfirms; examples of companies assessed include: contemporary apparel, craft beer, natural/organic snack foods and kayaks
- Mapping the consumer journey in a flagship store to uncover how to best engage with customers and improve sales through the enhancement of in-store technology
- Developing the entry strategy for a new prepared food brand and creating a best in class model for future organizational design to support growth
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative consumer research to implement a new customer segmentation and targeting strategy for a leading footwear brand
- Quantifying the cannibalization effect that developing in-house stores would have on the wholesale business for a leading toy company
- Analyzing triggers and barriers along the consumer's path-to-purchase to uncover new areas of growth for a fast growing grocery store chain
- Developing the omnichannel vision from the ground up for a multi-billion dollar retailer leveraging consumer insights, competitive benchmarking, and historical sales analysis
Managers/Senior Managers are responsible for:
- Managing teams in the delivery of client engagements
- Contributing to the development of various service offerings
- Contributing to practice thought leadership, body of knowledge and service development
- Participating in the development and cultivation of client relationships
- Developing trust-based client relationships with new and existing clients that lead to revenue generation
- Coaching and developing practice staff
- Representing the firm in industry forums (e.g. writing articles, speaking at conferences)
View the Transcript
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top