Accenture Strategy - M&A Manager
Organization : Accenture Strategy - Global Groups - Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Manager
Job Location: GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, MA - Boston, NY - New York,
Travel: 80% to 100% (Monday - Thursday)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
The Business Strategy Manager applies deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. Partners with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Provides deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
M&A Strategy is a first essential step in the Mergers and Acquisitions lifecycle. Accenture M&A strategists work with clients in the c-suite to define how they leverage M&A in a way that progresses their corporate strategy to succeed in the age of digital disruption and rapid industry commoditization. A mutual understanding of where the company wants to compete and how it plans to win is essential to defining an effective approach. In some cases, taking action internally makes the most sense. In others, buying another company or parts of it, or entering into an alliance, may be the best route. In still others, pruning the portfolio through a divestiture may be called for. Based on this analysis, our strategists help companies identify where to invest, what to build, what to acquire, and how to achieve desired strategic outcomes. Positioned at the intersection of business and technology, we help clients determine the right mix of organic and inorganic options to fuel their growth while limiting risk and helping to predict unintended consequences.
After an acquisition or merger has been consummated, we help clients quickly and with greater certainty generate the benefits on which their deal was based. Experience has taught us that to create value from M&A, companies must rigorously focus on the decisions and activities that underpin value creation and avoid being distracted by the nice-to-haves. To do that, our experienced teams employ a rigorous process, honed on hundreds of engagements; employ dedicated and highly skilled merger integration practitioners who have advised clients on a large number of engagements across industries and geographies; and support them with re-usable tools and assets that minimize risk and accelerate value capture.
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for companies. You will be expected to oversee the quality of Accenture deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure high performance is delivered. Beyond client project work, Managers contribute to the development of proposals and thought capital for business development activities.
A professional at a Manager level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to meet travel requirements; up to 100%
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the consulting industry or equivalent in an internal consulting role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in at least one stage of the merger & acquisition life cycle (with either specific delivery pre- or post- merger activity)
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience in at least one stage of the merger & acquisition life cycle (with either specific delivery pre- or post- merger activity).
- Experience interacting with all parties associated with a deal setting (e.g. bankers, lawyers, other 3rd party advisors).
- Experience with pre-deal M&A activities and the ability to interact with a potential target's management team.
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting, market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence, particularly in relation to M&A activity.
- Experience identifying divestiture and acquisition or alliance opportunities to strengthen the firm's portfolio and capabilities.
- Master of Business Administration or the equivalent graduate degree preferred
Professional Skills Preferred
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills capable of discussing both simple and highly complex ideas with various groups, ranging from a board room to business unit leads.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment. Shown frequent initiative and an eagerness to drive progress with a results-driven attitude.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an industry often driven by digital and technological disruption, with some focus on information systems
- Strong interpersonal skills shown by an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and build strong relationships
- Superior management abilities capable of leading the day-to-day execution of the engagement process and organizing work with limited direction
- Experience with staff development and ability to mentor junior practitioners.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top