Accenture Strategy - M&A Manager
Organization : Accenture Strategy - Global Groups - Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Manager
Job Location: Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Florham Park
Travel: 80% to 100% (Monday - Thursday)
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
The Business Strategy Manager applies deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. Partners with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Provides deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Manager
Are you looking to grow a senior career in Mergers & Acquisitions? This high-impact managerial role within the M&A team at Accenture Strategy could be just what you're looking for. We take an insight-driven approach to M&A and harness our unrivalled technological expertise to deliver digitally driven M&A strategies for the world's leading businesses. As an M&A Strategy Manager, you'll lead teams across the full lifecycle of the most prestigious M&A deals - accelerating transformation and redefining business models for global clients.
Why Accenture Strategy?
Technology will continue to be the disruptor in the strategy arena. Which makes Accenture the strategy firm of tomorrow. Our 8,700-strong team of strategists combines deep business insight, industry knowledge, and an unparalleled understanding of the digital and technology landscape to address our clients' challenges and opportunities.
No-one brings all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration as we can. Serving 95 of the Fortune Global 100 and more than three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we're different to every other strategy firm on the market - which makes us an undeniably exciting place in which to accelerate your career.
You'll collaborate and build your network with some of the best talent in the industry. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values; we welcome men and women from diverse backgrounds and with different perspectives. Our differences combined produce uniquely powerful results driving innovation and giving you a career without limits.
We're passionate about improving the way the world works and lives. Social purpose lies at the heart of our business strategy, and our employees share this commitment - whether they participate in an Hour of Code event, support the Accenture Skills to Succeed program, or work with our NGO or international development agency clients via Accenture Development Partnerships .
Why M&A within Accenture Strategy?
High-performance organizations are those that continually renew and energize their portfolio of businesses. Accenture is right at the cutting edge. In the past five years, we have advised clients in more than 850 projects globally - projects that span the buy side and sell side, and cover all phases of the deal lifecycle.
You'll be a key player in a network of M&A professionals across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Western Hemisphere. Our people are entrepreneurs and explorers who provide dedicated support from M&A strategy, target screening and due diligence, to transaction management, merger & synergy planning, as well as carve-outs and divestitures.
It's stimulating and intellectually rigorous work which will see you working on headline-making deals, but you'll be well prepared for each challenge. We'll keep you up to speed with the latest technology. Executive training will be provided at Accenture's global Strategy College to build your expertise. And you'll benefit from M&A Live - our annual, interactive, five-day learning program that brings together M&A specialists to share strategic priorities, highlight M&A offerings and identify client opportunities.
You'll focus on developing inorganic growth strategies through mergers and acquisitions, partnering and alliances, enabling clients to enter new markets and channels as well as consolidate and leverage scale in existing markets. Can you credibly and confidently deal with the C-suite of Fortune 500 and FTSE companies? Do you relish the challenge of bringing meticulous analysis to solve complex business problems for prestigious organizations? Are you ready to be inspired daily by smart, driven and diverse colleagues around the world?
You'll lead a workstream and take responsibility for rigorous analysis to identify and validate value creation opportunities for clients, as well as presenting your findings. Your ability to spot complex business issues and analyse situations or data will enable you to make high-impact decisions, while you'll have the freedom to innovate, determining new methods and procedures for assignments within the established strategic framework. Coaching and mentoring less experienced team members will also be part of your role.
A professional at a Manager level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to meet travel requirements; up to 100%
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the consulting industry or equivalent in an internal consulting role
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in at least one stage of the merger & acquisition life cycle (with either specific delivery pre- or post- merger activity)
- At least 4 to 6 years of experience in at least one stage of the merger & acquisition life cycle (with either specific delivery pre- or post- merger activity).
- Experience interacting with all parties associated with a deal setting (e.g. bankers, lawyers, other 3rd party advisors).
- Experience with pre-deal M&A activities and the ability to interact with a potential target's management team.
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting, market analysis and gathering competitive intelligence, particularly in relation to M&A activity.
- Experience identifying divestiture and acquisition or alliance opportunities to strengthen the firm's portfolio and capabilities.
- Master of Business Administration or the equivalent graduate degree preferred
Professional Skills Preferred
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills capable of discussing both simple and highly complex ideas with various groups, ranging from a board room to business unit leads.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment. Shown frequent initiative and an eagerness to drive progress with a results-driven attitude.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an industry often driven by digital and technological disruption, with some focus on information systems
- Strong interpersonal skills shown by an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and build strong relationships
- Superior management abilities capable of leading the day-to-day execution of the engagement process and organizing work with limited direction
- Experience with staff development and ability to mentor junior practitioners.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top