Accenture Strategy - IT M&A Strategy Consultant
Organization: Accenture Strategy - Global Groups - Mergers & Acquisitions Strategy Manager
Job Location: Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Florham Park
Travel: 80% to 100% (Monday - Thursday)
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
The Business Strategy Consultant applies deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. Partners with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Provides deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Strategy professionals help clients develop corporate strategies, make strategic M & A decisions, structure effective business and operating models, and transform their businesses all in an effort to grow their business while maintaining or reducing costs.
Business Strategy professionals help General Managers of Business Units with issues such as assessing business performance, instilling business simplification strategies, reinventing a broken business, and entering new markets for growth.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
- Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of experience participating in a business consulting IT project based work and teams
- Minimum of 3 years of consulting experience in at least one stage of the merger & acquisition life cycle (with either specific delivery pre- or post- merger activity)
- BS degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related discipline
- Ability to drive engagements in the assessment of technology organizations; strategy, operating model, capabilities, processes, costs, applications and infrastructure focused on value realization, efficiency and effectiveness in the context of a transaction and against leading practices and Accenture's propriety transaction database.
- Ability to assist in development of and demonstrate proficiency in all transaction related deliverables including; financial modeling and analysis, detailed baselining, report writing, and executive level presentations.
- Knowledge and experience working with private equity buyout and/or mergers and acquisitions
- Experience managing or analyzing P&L statements, and financial modeling skills to build and manage complex synergy and cash flow models related to M&A transactions
- Knowledge of applications implementation experience; functional expertise in IT and supporting front/back office and/or business operations
- Master of Business Administration or the equivalent graduate degree preferred
Professional Skills Preferred
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills capable of discussing both simple and highly complex ideas with various groups, ranging from a board room to business unit leads.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment. Shown frequent initiative and an eagerness to drive progress with a results-driven attitude.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an industry often driven by digital and technological disruption, with some focus on information systems
- Strong interpersonal skills shown by an ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization and build strong relationships
- Superior management abilities capable of leading the day-to-day execution of the engagement process and organizing work with limited direction
- Experience with staff development and ability to mentor junior practitioners.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top