Accenture Strategy IBB Business Strategy Consultant
Organization: Accenture Strategy
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Travel: up to 80%
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 425,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
The Business Strategy Consultant applies deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. Partners with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Provides deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Strategy professionals help clients develop corporate strategies, make strategic M and A decisions, structure effective business and operating models, and transform their businesses all in an effort to grow their business while maintaining or reducing costs.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
Decisions often impact the team in which they reside.
Manages small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
+ Basic qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience focused in at least one or more of the following areas: research, analysis, and preparation of project deliverables, product definition, technology strategy development and architecture, requirements elicitation and product definition or technology assessments and diagnostics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis and business case development (including modeling)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience coordinating and directing projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Minimum of 2 years of consulting experience at a consulting firm
- Bachelor's degree
- Active interest in Cable, Wireless, and/or Media industries and follows current trends in each
- Proven ability to assess, confirm and monitor client expectations and client satisfaction
- Strong experience with leading project work streams and driving client teams toward achieving their business objectives
- Proven ability to provide clear articulation of complex issues and findings to project team and clients
- Experience with business or technology strategy development
- Strong experience with business and technology operational process definition and optimization
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top