Accenture Research Analyst Summer Internship – Data Science
2019 Research Summer Analyst - Data Science
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions - underpinned by the world's largest delivery network - Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 435 ,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com .
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
We are in the midst of a technology revolution that is disrupting and transforming businesses and entire industries around the world. Accenture is working with clients to apply innovation and intelligence at the heart of their organizations. Empowered with leading-edge technologies, continuous learning opportunities and a global community with deep industry expertise, you'll grow your career while solving clients' biggest challenges.
Our analyst experience includes a comprehensive and multi-modal learning curriculum with common required training and specialized training specific to your career track. You'll also benefit from mentorship and coaching from our people to ensure a successful integration. Through local office corporate citizenship, inclusion & diversity and networking opportunities, we'll help you build a strong sense of community and camaraderie from the start. We are also committed to providing you varied experiences that will help you expand your skill set and broaden your exposure to all that Accenture has to offer its clients.
Whatever your passion, Accenture offers a range of career opportunities in our strategy, consulting, digital, technology, security or operations businesses.
Accenture Research uncovers trends and shape data-driven insights through Thought Leadership and Research for Accenture and its clients. Accenture Research combines deep understanding of Accenture clients' industries with leading-edge research techniques to discover the most pressing issues facing organizations today. Our team of 270 researchers and analysts develops thought-provoking research -- supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations that guides our innovations and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients.
The Research internship will involve conducting and reporting research for several current research projects on business strategy, innovation, disruption and new technologies. Interns will be introduced to, and may interact with, counterparts from across Accenture's innovation architecture. These may include technology researchers, digital and user interface designers, and innovation strategists.
Responsibilities may include:
- Finding, reading, and reporting on studies, articles and reports
- Using this research to identify trends, issues, opportunities and examples and present them in a clear and cogent manner
- Performing data analysis and developing advanced machine learning algorithms
+ Basic qualifications
Accenture Analysts are forward-thinking, well-rounded people with a record of outstanding academic performance and high learning agility. We're looking for individuals who can work in an open and entrepreneurial way.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelors degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Academic Track: Business, Economics, Data Analytics, Data Science, or Technology
- Overall GPA of 3.4 out of 4.0
- Excellent knowledge of data science tools like Python, R, Jupyter Notebook
- Strong knowledge of econometric methods and economic trends
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and their applications, deep learning knowledge is a plus but not required
- Validate data flows and prepare ETL processes according to business requirements, knowledge of Alteryx is a plus but not required
- Strong research, report writing and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlik or PowerBI is a plus but not required
- A track record of outstanding academic performance
- Genuine interest in how innovative businesses and organizations use information technology
- Curiosity to learn and eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High integrity and credibility
- Strong data science skills are optional
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- Must complete 10-12 week summer analyst program in Chicago office (typically begin in late-May/early-June and end in early/mid-August)
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top