Accenture provides strategy, consulting, digital, technology, and operations services to more than 75% of the Fortune Global 500 companies. Our broad range of capabilities, client reach, and global scale provide an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Open Innovation serves as a vital bridge between our clients and the startup ecosystem. A part of Accenture Technology Innovation, Accenture uses an Open Innovation (OI) and Strategic Minority Investment (SMI) approach to partner with and invest in the next wave of disruptive startups that address the most pressing challenges and opportunities faced by our clients today. Our multi-dimensional methodology includes industry, technology, and geographic teams that ensure the ability to continuously harvest new ideas and capabilities.
Simply put, Accenture Open Innovation's mission is to drive organic growth for priority startup partners.
Our team is deeply hands on, passionate, and prides itself on being lead-from-the-front technology thought leaders. If you want to largely draw diagrams and pontificate on adding yet another layer to an already bloated monolith, this probably isn't the role for you. However, if you're interested in solving some of the hardest problems in enterprise technology, while transforming and disrupting established industries with innovation solutions from the startup ecosystem, let's talk!
We are looking to add to our Accenture Open Innovation team and global practice community a passionate innovator, technologist, and leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to lead Open Innovation programs in the U.S. West region. You will work closely with the Global Program Lead, Industry and Technology Segment Leads, as well as the Client Innovation Services team in the region's innovation hubs, to ensure clients are leveraging the next generation of priority startup partners to accelerate their digital transformation journey.
As Lead, you will foster a culture of innovation in the region by driving the engagement between local leaders of client accounts, clients and priority startups in the Open Innovation and Ventures portfolio of partners. You will be a catalyst for innovation and grow Accenture's brand in the marketplace and region.
This is a highly visible role, working with Accenture Leadership and other key senior managers. The role involves continuous engagement with the innovation ecosystem and internal Accenture teams. In addition, you will collaborate with industry, digital, technology, and other groups across Accenture to drive awareness, generate interest, and deliver impact for Accenture and its Global 2000 clients.
Open Innovation Go To Market Leads will have the following key responsibilities:
- Drive client impact and partner-related revenue growth by working with regional client account teams, as well as other internal teams to bring relevant, disruptive startup solutions to clients from our portfolio of priority partners
- Create and maintain a regional client sales pipeline, originate and support client opportunities, and support Accenture Open Innovation industry and technology segment leads in growing our key partners' business
- Build an internal network across key Accenture stakeholders to drive local employee engagement, expand awareness of an open innovation approach, and foster and inspire a culture of innovation
- Design, facilitate, and lead client innovation sessions at the region's innovation hubs, ensuring that relevant messaging and startup solutions, from both the local and global ecosystem, are brought to the client
- Identify local startups with enterprise-ready solutions and traction and share with the Open Innovation Segment leads to consider where they align to areas of focus
- Partner with the region's leadership to identify marketing and sponsorship opportunities related to open innovation activities that promote Accenture's brand and leading in the New
- Identify and synthesize key emerging themes that will impact our business (disruptors, new business opportunities, potential plays) to inform our global strategy (roll up to Global Growth & Strategy)
Read more of the job description
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in business, technology, or engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in consulting, business development, sales, and/or product management
Bonus Points if:
- Strong technical acumen and agility to navigate, structure, and pitch business ideas with new technologies (e.g., AI, FinTech, software development, infrastructure, IoT, mobile)
- Startup or entrepreneurial experience with enterprise technologies
- Relationship management, alliance building, or partnership management experience in an entrepreneurial / technology environment
- Project management experience
- Intellectual curiosity with regards to new technologies, business models, or creative solutions that can serve clients in an innovative manor
- Strong interest in and understanding of the latest enterprise technology innovation trends and resulting impacts
- Technology sales experience
- Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proven ability to work in an agile environment
- Able to quickly switch between, and balance, strategic thinking and execution
- Proven ability to take personal ownership of projects and drive towards successful completion in spite of complex challenges
As required by theColorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, Accenture provides a reasonable range of minimum compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. For the state of Colorado only , the range of starting pay for this role is $99,900 - $207,399 and information on benefits offered is here.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment.
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement .
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.