Accenture Labs - Next Generation Architecture Research Senior Analyst
A well rounded researcher who can quickly pivot and utilize concepts from unfamiliar areas of research to further improve solutions in industry.
- Explore and define new research problems within the research agenda of the R&D group.
- Implement and execute projects within the R&D group.
Ability to quickly develop a research from beginning into a well formed idea for a product and present yourself as an advisor in that area of research.
- Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology experts within their domain.
Find and nurture collaborative research between academia and industry and fuse ideas into current research
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
Act as Subject Matter Advisor in a domain area
- Participate in projects as are presentative within a functional, technical, or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s)pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to Accenture points of view, Knowledge Exchange, discussion boards, etc.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Act as a mentor or coach to junior people to help grow the next generation of innovators and thought leaders
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
Enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other opinion formers on key issues of relevance to business
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations for internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with the engineering teams in the partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and progressively establish him/herself as a technology expert
Execute R&D Agenda and Team
- Establish engineering standards and best practices in their respective teams; Understand and apply software development best practices
- Supervise and mentor more junior developers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes - bringing concepts to initial implementations - including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients' IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or similar degree
- 1+ year of application development experience using programming languages, such as Python, Java, Scala, C#, .NET, etc.
- Digital Native with interest in next generation technology architecture
- Experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to Systems & Platforms
- Experience conducting research in an area relevant to next generation infrastructure & architecture, quantum computing, IoT, robotics, etc.
- Quantum Computing
- Data Architecture
- Data Science
Professional Skill Requirements
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Back to top