Accenture Labs - Next Generation Architecture Research Associate Principal
This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the Systems & Platforms group within Accenture Technology Labs in San Francisco. As a technology researcher within Accenture, you'll have the opportunity to apply innovative research across a wide range of contexts and industries. We incubate tech-driven innovation for new practices and offerings for Accenture, from conceptualization through to prototype and pilots within both Accenture and our clients. Your role will thus allow you to see an idea from inception to experimentation, maturation, and commercial impact.
A well-rounded researcher capable of providing direction and guidance for a high performant team one or more the following areas: robotics, FPGAs, quantum computing, edge analytics and computing, data management architectures, graph technologies, and semantic knowledge graphs. We are looking for individuals that who can quickly pivot and utilize concepts from unfamiliar areas of research to further improve solutions in industry.
- Explore and define new research areas and plans within the research agenda of the R&D group.
- Implement, provide guidance to a a high performant team, and execute projects within the R&D group.
- Ability to quickly develop a research from beginning into a well formed idea for a product and present yourself as an advisor in that area of research.
- Build on ideas and directions provided by leads and stakeholders in order to achieve high quality deliverables.
- Build on concepts in a very dynamic environment and be seen as highly differentiated technology experts within their domain.
- Find and nurture collaborative research between academia and industry and fuse ideas into current research
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations (e.g., DoE, DoD, DARPA, EPA, DHS, NSF)
- Masters or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, or similar scientific area
- 2 years application development experience using programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, C#, .NET, etc
- 2 years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to next generation architecture, robotics, quantum computing, edge analytics and computing, data management architectures, big data, etc
- 2 years experience of application based research
Professional Skill Requirements
- Manage and define a research program along with associated team members
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skill
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a federal contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Back to top