Accenture Labs - Digital Experiences Research Associate Principal
We seek a well-rounded researcher with a background in areas related to human-computer interaction, a passion for rethinking how people interact with machines, and the ability to envision how this can transform the way we work and live.
Researchers in our lab are called upon to:
- Track a broad range of emerging technologies that are poised to transform the human-machine interface and become deep experts in some of these.
- Dive deeply into application areas that are relevant to Accenture and clients, to understand where the most critical challenges, and most promising opportunities lie.
- Envision, prototype, and pilot new solutions to these challenges by applying deep skills in HCI and related paradigms.
With this in mind, researchers at the Associate Principal level must be able to:
- Explore and define new research projects within the research group's overall agenda.
- Build on ideas provided by leads and stakeholders and produce high quality deliverables.
- Execute projects through some combination of prototype development, empirical research, thought leadership.
- Actively participate in their technology community by building relationships and serving as a technology expert when working with clients or client teams.
- Actively participate and serve in the research community (e.g., conferences, consortiums, workshops) and build university relationships.
- Explore and apply for research grants from internal (Accenture partners and clients) and external funding organizations
Influence and Execute R&D Agenda
- Pursue research projects agreed upon with R&D leads, participating in both their conception and technical development.
- Supervise and mentor more junior researchers and research engineers to successfully complete their responsibilities and assist with career progression
- Build prototypes - bringing concepts to initial implementations - including design, coding to testing
- Apply and reshape prototypes in pioneering engagements based on clients' needs and drive toward successful deployment in the clients' IT environment
- Continuously learn new technology areas that are mission-aligned to the R&D group
Act as Subject Matter Expert in area of expertise
- Participate in projects as a representative within a functional, technical or industry area of expertise
- Discuss issues or trends within area of expertise to raise client and/or Accenture awareness
- Act as a contributor in medium critical situations, either internally for Accenture or at client engagement(s) pertaining to a functional, technical or business area of expertise
Contribute to assets/offerings and thought leadership
- Actively contribute to both internal and external thought leadership, both more and less formal, targeted for various audiences.
- Publish and present research papers in top tier conferences, workshops and journals
- Serve as reviewer, technical program community, and/or panelist in conferences and workshops
Enhance Accenture's marketplace reputation
- Work confidently with internal networks and other thought leaders formers on key relevant issues.
- Demonstrate expertise internally (e.g. presentations to internal audiences, participates in community of practice, etc.)
- Build deep relationships with teams in partner organizations
- Build deep relationships with researchers from academia and other research labs
- Actively contribute to the technology community and establish external reputation as expert.
+ Basic qualifications
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related scientific area or MS in computer science, engineering or a related scientific field with relevant experience
- 2 years of experience creating prototypes that apply and test new ideas related to Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Experience conducting research/advanced R&D in area relevant to human-computer interaction
- Experience with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Extended Reality, Human Machine & Robotic Interaction, Adaptive Design, or similar
- 2+ years of experience using 2 or more programming languages, such as C#, Python, Java, Scala, .NET, etc
- Ability to travel based on client needs (up to 25%)
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to create a project plan and execute against it
- Proven ability to motivate, lead a high performance team
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Meet Some of Accenture's Employees
As a change management consultant, Nahomie focuses on helping clients successfully transition as their organizations adopt new systems and new processes.
Back to top